Super Contributor

Judith Ripka ring

[ Edited ]

I figured it out why JR rings get such low reviews now.  Her rings are made in Vietnam.  You can see it plainly in the pictures.  Remember when her rings were made in Thailand?  Image 61 - Vintage Sterling Silver Signed Judith Ripka Diamonique Montana CZ Accents Ring

Super Contributor

Here's a JR selling now:

Honored Contributor

Okie doke, so what's the difference?  They both appear to be equally nice craftsmanship for being factory-made products. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Things made in Vietnam I have no problem with.  Thailand either. 

In fact I welcome it compared to some places.

Esteemed Contributor

@lil sophie wrote:

I figured it out why JR rings get such low reviews now.  Her rings are made in Vietnam.  You can see it plainly in the pictures.  Remember when her rings were made in Thailand?  Image 61 - Vintage Sterling Silver Signed Judith Ripka Diamonique Montana CZ Accents Ring

That under gallery of the Thai ring is a disgrace.  

Her line went down when she sold it.

I would not buy either ring.

Trusted Contributor

I have a ton, and Thailand pieces had issues. Love it all none the same, and had fun buying when Judith was on.

Super Contributor

I saw her ring selection and there are still JR rings made in Thailand today like this one:

Super Contributor

but the review said it all about the ring above - please BRING BACK THE JEWELRY SHE USED TO MAKE?? IN HIGH QUALITY?

Esteemed Contributor

Xcel Brands, the Ripka owner, has basically written the brand down after a recent charge and a limited useful life.  It was a fine product years ago.

Effective January 1, 2020, we determined that the Ripka Brand, inclusive of all its trademarks, has a finite life of 15 years, and began to amortize these trademarks on a straight-line basis accordingly. During the year ended December 31, 2020, delays and uncertainty in implementing the brick-and-mortar retail store strategy for a portion of the Ripka Brand, primarily as a result of the novel coronavirus disease pandemic, indicated that the carrying value of the Ripka Brand trademarks may not be recoverable. Therefore, we performed an impairment test of finite-lived intangible assets, and as a result, recorded a $13.0 million impairment charge related to the Ripka Brand trademarks.

Honored Contributor

When they hand out those MBAs, I wish they'd also require those guys to speak English.  It's like reading a medical journal, you understand about every fifth word. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment