Esteemed Contributor

Judith Ripka Leaving

[ Edited ]

I saw an ad today on the Q that Thursday will be Judith 's last day on air. They must be discontinuing her jewelry. Interesting!!

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

I saw an ad today on the Q that Thursday will be Judith 's last day on air. They.must be discontinuing her jewelry. Interesting

She is leaving, the brand is not. She sold the company a few years ago.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I saw her on the promo for her show and she seemed ill to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@elated wrote:

I saw an ad today on the Q that Thursday will be Judith 's last day on air. They.must be discontinuing her jewelry. Interesting

She is leaving, the brand is not. She sold the company a few years ago.

I didn't realize that she sold her company.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka Leaving

[ Edited ]

It's her last personal appearance on air. The jewelry will stay. Her daughter-in-law and reps for the company that run the brand will continue to present the jewelry on QVC and HSN.

Occasional Contributor

Quite often when a "face brand" company is sold, the 'face' must contractually stay on for a certain period of time, while they transition other spokespeople.  Which has been happening....it will be sad to see her go, but she has made her millions, and I wish her a happy retirement.

Honored Contributor

So sad. She was in her prime when I joined QVC. I always enjoyed watching her present her beautiful jewelry. Are they at least giving her a TSV before she leaves? 

Honored Contributor

I bet this will be a big relief for her, not having to act enthused over somebody else's jewelry designs or having to travel to Florida and Pa.  She'll probably be dancing on her way home.  She had a good run but it's time to retire.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Xcel Brands, the company that owns Judith Ripka also owns Isaac Mizrahi, Halston, and C Wonder.  I haven't seen C Wonder on QVC for some time.  

Who knows what's happening with Judith, is she ill, wants to retire, or did the company decide she was no longer needed.  None of the three reasons would surprise me.  

I just read her daughter-in-law will be taking her place on QVC.  That could change, too.  

Honored Contributor

Her jewelry was too ornate for my taste, but I know she had a lot of fans.  Wishing her well in her retirement