Super Contributor

Could someone share an opinion on the London blue topaz stones of this ring?  I am familiar with London blue topaz, sky blue topaz, Swiss blue topaz...The color I I ordered for the ring was London blue, a deep,dark blue,  I received a ring containing stones that are nearer to sky blue topaz, the silver is  cheap looking, and there are scratches all the was across the shank, which is very thin.  When I called customer service, I was told that I did not know what I was talking about, that "if you ordered London blue, you got London blue."  I am not very happy with QVC at the moment.  Has anyone else had a similar experience with Judith Ripka jewelry?

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Honored Contributor

@asoutherngirl wrote:

Could someone share an opinion on the London blue topaz stones of this ring?  I am familiar with London blue topaz, sky blue topaz, Swiss blue topaz...The color I I ordered for the ring was London blue, a deep,dark blue,  I received a ring containing stones that are nearer to sky blue topaz, the silver is  cheap looking, and there are scratches all the was across the shank, which is very thin.  When I called customer service, I was told that I did not know what I was talking about, that "if you ordered London blue, you got London blue."  I am not very happy with QVC at the moment.  Has anyone else had a similar experience with Judith Ripka jewelry?

Londod blue should be a deep blue.  Look on Evine and plug in london blue jewelry and you will see.  You do know what you are talking about.  I can't believe they said that to you.  I would call a supervisor.  Good luck.

Super Contributor

Yellow919, thank you very much for your advice.  I have read the reviews on these rings and it seems that many customers are satisfied, yet many are returning the "London blue" rings as not as advertised. 

Honored Contributor

I sold fine jewelry for five years and have bought London Blue topaz.  What I saw in the video was NOT London Blue.

It should be about 1/3 darker.  If you want the true London, I wouldn't keep it and I'd call and get the postage waived because they misrepresented the item.

Super Contributor

Thank you, ECGB, for your professional input.  What really bothers me about this is that after years in the business QVC and Judith Ripka  must certainly know the difference, so why the misrepresentation?