Super Contributor

My wedding set looks similar to J324095, but the stone is too small for my taste (just over half a carat).  I just updated it with a halo of tiny diamonds placed around the center stone and can't believe the difference in how much bigger it looks!  If you are looking to update your wedding set, consider a halo, there are so many diffferent types (lots of pictures online), so glad I did!

Honored Contributor

@autumnnj  Would love to see a picture.  Sounds lovely.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love halo style rings!!! Timeless and elegant. I will try to post  a pic of mine and my daughters.

Respected Contributor

image.jpeg

Respected Contributor

The Halo is what my husband upgraded my ring to.  Smiley Happy I love it.

Deb

Honored Contributor

Very nice.  I really like the style of the halo.

Honored Contributor

@SANNA  Very pretty, Sanna.  That halo makes the diamond look huge.  I'd say the halo is the way to go if you want to upgrade.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Thank you very much!

Respected Contributor

I love shopping the estate pieces at my local jeweler's store.  Two years ago I bought a ring that's probably a pre-halo type setting.  It's a .86 G color round diamond (has a slight scratch on one of the kite facets only visible with my loupe, so I scored a great price).  Evenly spaced around and set below and around the perimeter are 4 single cut(?) diamonds on a (sort of) ring of white gold that goes around the diamond but slopes down where the tiny diamonds are and then back up at each prong, kind of draped - not sure how to explain it.

Anyway, the stone looks larger due to the setting.  I just love it.  I wouldn't mind having a halo setting but I do so love this estate piece.  It has 4 prongs and the tiny diamonds are below but between the prongs.

Bet I've thoroughly confused everyone one now!  Wish I knew how to post a pic.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered a gorgeous asscher cut, halo DMQ ring: J329636.  I'll post a review when it arrives.  It's new, BTW.