Honored Contributor
Seems the line has changed dramatically since being sold. Does this signal the departure of Judith Ripka?
Honored Contributor

I agree.  These pieces are just not the classic Ripka that I used  to anticipate and enjoy.  

Super Contributor

Sadly, I agree.  For years I followed and collected Ripka's jewelry.  Have not ordered in a while, as the line seems uninspiring and downright cheap looking,

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Respected Contributor

I don't think jewelry sales are what they once were since there are hardly any jewelry shows anymore.

Her designs just don't work with my casual lifestyle.  She started loosing me with all the Diamonique.  I have several of her pieces from the early years.  I think everybody's taste changes over time as well.

Contributor

The price is the biggest deterrant as far as I'm concerned.  Even clearance in many cases isn't true clearance.

Honored Contributor

I loved her designs from years ago and still have pieces that I love and wear.... but I've had problems with a couple of her items and stopped buying them, stones falling out, links breaking.  I started following Michael Dawkins because I loved his edgy inspired look and still have many of his pieces that I love and wear, but was deeply disappointed in how some of his items were made (not solid sterling silver... some pieces were obviously jeweler's metal (top heavy rings supposedly solid silver) that was covered with sterling with a sterling shank.  Also his curled wire links would "unroll".  For the price of both brands I was very disappointed.  

I've purchased a couple of Barbara Bixby items.  So far I'm charmed by her artistic talent AND the quality of the items.  Dipping my toe in the water so to speak.... also made my first Jai (John Hardy) purchase and again, was thrilled with the piece, well, well made and appeals to my edgy side.

We'll see... so far I've moved on from Ripka and Dawkins and probably won't be back, the quality just isn't there anymore for the prices they are asking....  such a shame....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

Never been a fan of JR jewelry because I don't like "shinny silver.' Early this morning I notice her today's special is nice, but when you show the under gallery there is none. There will be returns because of the sharp edges. Ms. Ripka is a jewelry designer.the stones can shine thru with the right under gallery to make the ring more comfortable. I am sure her many fans would not mind the extra cost.

Esteemed Contributor

@GRACIE wrote:

Never been a fan of JR jewelry because I don't like "shinny silver.' Early this morning I notice her today's special is nice, but when you show the under gallery there is none. There will be returns because of the sharp edges. Ms. Ripka is a jewelry designer.the stones can shine thru with the right under gallery to make the ring more comfortable. I am sure her many fans would not mind the extra cost.

@GRACIE I agree with you about not having an under gallery.  I just sent back a ring I paid over 200 dollars for that had no under gallery and it weighed nothing.  Felt like a tin can.  I was shocked there was no under gallery.  Ever since she sold her company the quality of the jewelry has gone down.  I won't be purchasing anymore of her jewelry.

Valued Contributor

Re: Judith Ripka Clearance?

[ Edited ]

@BlingQueen022  we are on the same page. A jewelry designer should not cut quality in order to sell their jewelry. When this happens quantity is more a factor than the quality. In my eyes the under gallery,and weight (not paper thin) and if you like gemstones the clarity of the gems. I rather pay extra for those qualities.

Frequent Contributor

Her stuff is just not the same.  would love to see her designs without diamonque .