Respected Contributor

Image result for pictures open loop crossI bought a necklace at a consignment shop yesterday and it has an open looking cross on the charm up at the clasp. The loops were all the same size and I was wondering if anyone knew what jewerly line this might be?

I only am showing this cross because I couldn't find anything that really looked like the symbol. Thanks

Honored Contributor

The exact same item is being sold on eBay.  Perhaps you can contact the owner to inquire about the jewerly line.

ebay.com/itm/323355736824?ul_noapp=true

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMacThanks I will take a look.

Respected Contributor

Image result for avon pendants markings@Mz iMacI wasn't very good at explaining what I meant. The symbol is on a charm by the clasp. The picture of the cross is as close to what it looks like. Thanks for checking.

Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway  could you post a photo of the actual necklace you bought? could help track it down. 

Respected Contributor

@kittylooI'm not able to take a picture. The more I look at the picture on the charm, it looks like a "X". I have looked at different hallmarks (which they call the brand symbols) and I have found nothing that looks like this.

Trusted Contributor

@VenturaHighway  It looks like an Avon piece of jewelry.  If you google the hallmark this image comes up.  Hth

Honored Contributor

Re: Jewerly Marking?

[ Edited ]

This is avery common design and is shown today on Zulily done in sterling.

https://www.zulily.com/p/sterling-silver-twist-cross-pendant-324597-48716101.html?pos=52&fromEvent=3...

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Jewerly Marking?

[ Edited ]

I think there's some confusion here regarding what the op is looking for. From what I understand the piece of jewelry in need of identification has a small metal charm that you find on a necklace, located right next to the clasp, and it has the 'cross' marking on that small charm which designates a brand or designer's logo...that little charm is sort of like a  mini hang-tag with a brand name on it.  For example, the picture of that 'avon' mini charm on the necklace but with a 'cross' on it instead. I've been trying to find that logo but I can't seem to find it anywhere. 

Am I on the same page as you?Woman Happy @VenturaHighway

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think there's some confusion here regarding what the op is looking for. From what I understand the piece of jewelry in need of identification has a small metal charm that you find on a necklace, located right next to the clasp, and it has the 'cross' marking on that small charm which designates a brand or designer's logo...that little charm is sort of like a  mini hang-tag with a brand name on it.  For example, the picture of that 'avon' mini charm on the necklace but with a 'cross' on it instead. I've been trying to find that logo but I can't seem to find it anywhere. 

Am I on the same page as you?Woman Happy @VenturaHighway

@SilleeMeeYes, you are right and explained it better than I didWoman Very Happy

I was just trying to show some examples of the charm. Thanks for looking and I thank everyone for trying to help me.

I have looked and looked but can't find that symbol anywhere. The loops are even and open. This is driving me crazy which doesn't take muchWoman LOL