Trusted Contributor

~Watch Collectors~........December

If you are interested in watches, this is the place to be.  We are so enthused by watches that we became collectors.  When we find bargains, then we become enthused all over again.  We are enablers....lol.

If you have a question or just want to talk watches, just pop in and tell us what you are interested in.

This is the season for good deals.  Happy shopping.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Re: ~Watch Collectors~........December

Aub, did you place your Citizen ECO Drive under a lamp for 3 days and how is it working out?  

Any day now I should be getting my White strap Citizen ECO Drive with the ‘swirl’ looking MOP dial.  Of course if another great deal shows up again, that may force me to get the YT that you just received.  Well, what do you think of that one by now.  For some reason these ECO’s really make me want to buy more.  Being that they don’t need batteries could be the reason.  

LJ, you held strong, did you?  No watches coming to your place?  Dooneys?  Lol.

Respected Contributor

@jenagal

Jena, so far, the 2-Tone RT/ST Corso is keeping time OK, but I've also left it on a piece of furniture near my back patio slider that gets exposed to light during the day when the shutters are open.  The true test will be if it keeps running when I put it in my bedroom where it won't get direct light all day long.  My other Ecos kept perfect time, but this one lost a lot of time.  It keeps time as long as it's getting light, but it seems like the power cell has no reserve. 

I still love that GT Corso I got last week & hope to go & get it sized this week.  It's a real looker & so far, it's keeping perfect time.

Trusted Contributor

Aub, I am finding slow service at Jomashop.  I ordered my white strapped ECO Drive on 11/27 and it still is ‘processing’.  Maybe I read that it would take 2 weeks, don’t recall.  Anyway you know how we are.  We are always so anxious, like its our first watch. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@jenagal   I checked thru my trashed emails & I ordered the GT Corso from Jomashop on 11/23 & they shipped it out on 11/25.  Don't recall what day it actually was delivered, but the order & shipping was during the holidays, so not too bad.  They're in NYC & I'm in Tucson, AZ.  Hope your new treasure ships soon.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aub, thx for looking.  I checked it out again tonite, and it still says it’s in processing.  Strange.  The details on the product says it usually ships within 3 days and its in stock.  The payment came out of my acct, the very night I ordered it so there is no reason why it shouldn’t be moving.  Nov. 27 till today and no movement, ridiculous.

Today I finally got to my jeweler and got my TT sized.  I have been wearing it wrapped around with a rubber band, it works but its so much nicer now that it fits.  Love it.  The dial is so neat and I’m tickled the white strapped ECO has the same one.  

Now I wonder what the problem is?  Hopefully this last one once received will satisfy my latest Citizen ECO Drive urge.   

Respected Contributor

Helo all!

I got really busy with a project and I forgot all about the December thread! It didn't click until I was eating latkes. Anyway, thank you to Jena for starting the thread.

I have just  a few days before starting another project. Hope all is well.

I've been getting a lot of emails from Michele. Tis the seasn. They are having some kind of contest if you follow them on Instagram and tag another person, they will enter in you in the drawing. I don't have an instagram account. I guess I should look over the collection to see if any watches need batteries. I don't think I've purchased a new watch in nearly two years.  I don't find any that grab me these days. Most of the time I wear my Russian Diver, one of my autos or my beloved Deco Clone. I think it's ten years old and going strong.  I did see a Glycine in 36mm, Swiss auto and 10 ATM. It wasn't cheap, but that's the kind of watch we don't see too much of.

Trusted Contributor

Java,  Hello.  Glad to see you again.  Busy time of year and getting busier.

I can’t believe but I did get an email today that my White Strap ECO Drive has had a label printed and will leave the building today.  Well its about time.  Did they just have one left and couldn’t find it in the vault?  Has it been returned and thankfully it has found a new owner?  New inventory now has come in?  What’s the story?.  We’ll never know.  I hope its a keeper.

Respected Contributor

Jena and Aubnwa:  you are doing your best to tempt me to buy another watch.   To combat the urge I've been cycling thru my collection of automatics.  Last few days I've worn the Invicta ProDiver Scuba autos.  I think they are 36mm case size,  and just perfect.   Of course I had to collect multiple colors,  so I'm coordinating the dial color with my handbags.  I want an EcoDrive,  but can't find one that isn't similar to one or more watches I already own.

Hi Java.

Trusted Contributor

Well LJ, besides the ECO Drives I also bought a couple of Dooneys.  Lg Lexington (teal) and a Carmel double zip crossbody.  Just the thing for no hands shopping.

Now if I could only have one ECO, I would choose the TT.  I absolutely love it.  The MOP dial is out of this world and the whole watch is really nice.   Aub, which is your #1 fav.?