Visitor

Jewelry Stolen When Returning

I have had the distressing experiences of trying to return pieces of QVC jewelry, and having Customer Service contact me to let me know that when the box was opened, the jewelry that I know I sent back was not in the box.  This of course only happens with high end jewelry desigers such as Judith Ripka, Jai, or Michael Dawkins.  I know the items made it to QVC with the package intact, because I would be told that after the package was opened, it was empty.  This is very upsetting, because there is no way to prove that I sent the item, as I insist I did.  I use the QVC return label, but that does not seem to insure the piece against theft, especially internal theft.  I am convinced that there are QVC employees in the jewelry returns department who are simply pocketing many of the items we try to legitmately return.  Who else has had this experience?  What do you do about it?  What recourse do we have against this kind of theft?  I suppose one answer is to stop buying and/or returning jewelry to QVC, but I would hope that the company would have internal controls against what seems to be a rampant problem, but they don't. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Jewelry Stolen When Returning

Contact:  QVCsocialteam@qvc.com and they should be able to assist you.  Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

I just want to add this thought.  The return receipt from the P,O, should have the weight of the box you shipped and that weight may prove that the box was not empty.  I have never had this problem with QVC or anywhere else for that matter.

Trusted Contributor

Well, that is an informative  / eye opening experience that you had - and it will certainly give me ''pause'' when I debate as to whether to order jewelry from QVC in the future.  Thanks for sharing that information.

Honored Contributor

More than once?   If I were Q, I'd question it as it looks like someone is trying to rip them off.   I'm not saying you are but it sounds fishy if it has happened more than once to the same person.

It's never happened to me.  However, I return jewelry via USPS Priority Mail with tracking.  If it's expensive, I add some insurance.  I would never send any expensive jewelry back using Q's label.  Even so, Q's label is insured so they should honor the return.

Honored Contributor

I thought the prepaid return label included insurance against loss? I'm not sure since I don't use them.

But I would bet that QVC has security cameras in the jewelry returns dept. especially, due to the value, that would prevent employee theft.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

@loisland So sorry this happened to you! I had the same problem years ago during the Christmas season.

When I contacted the Postmaster, she said they know they have thefts at the post office. She also told me, if returning jewelry, send in a larger package.

I did contact QVC customer service and they were very helpful. They refunded my money.

Hope the same works for you!

QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

That's a big accusation to accuse QVC employees of stealing.  I hope you can resolve your problem with returns.

Trusted Contributor

@barb40   My post  (above yours) was deleted by the mods for basically saying the same thing as you.  Can't figure that one out.