Valued Contributor

Re: JEWELRY DAY DISAPPOINTING

I have nothing against jewelry plated or filled but I was looking for silver and all gold items especially when it is an Italian jewelry day...there was nothing in gold other than one pair of earrings for $800 and a bracelet for over $2000. Maybe some old inventory was presented but I was only interested in new gold...so for me the day had no interest. I am surprised QVC on an Italian jewelry day offered nothing for people looking for the gold pieces but they must have decided we are of little importance in the big scheme of on air retail...okay, back to the tried and true B&M stores for "fine" jewelry with time tested value and pieces not stamped made in China.

Occasional Contributor

Agree, show was disappointing. Also think Lisa's presence used to flow over the entire show and her absence contributed largely to my disappointment. The shows to me were lackluster. Lisa had that special something that QVC has not replaced for me.
Frequent Contributor

Bought a pair of earings (advanced sale), and a necklace. I agree, though, the show was a little disappointing, no matter which host was presenting. Even QVC's diamonique shows haven't been the same in a long time. I tuned out after awhile.

Honored Contributor

I had planned on watching a few of the shows. However, it became readily apparent that most shows were just repeats of the previous one. Very disappointing. And as I've said on a couple of other threads this morning, I'm just not interested in having to wait 3 months for an item I've ordered. No thank you, QVC.

Occasional Contributor

Very disappointing day. Without Lisa ...... Very oridinary jewelry . I can find much better in almost any store or department store. Really appears QVC is on. Downward spiral. Hope they can figure this out and re-structure before to much sales are lost. You would think the powers to be could figure this thing out by sales and customers comments.
Respected Contributor

I own some Bronzo pieces that are lovely. As I stated yesterday, I think some of those pieces were quite modern and beautiful.

Valued Contributor

I really don't understand why some people "HATE" the Bronzo jewelry.. I have a few pieces of it and I always get compliments when I wear it..I am not a RICH person and the PRICES OF GOLD up until recently are out of sight,,We can't go back to the days when gold was affordable..so..If you love jewelry like me and like some of the new styles..I can have them at an affordable price and look like I have all this expensive jewelry...Oh yesterday I ordered a two tone Cuff and 3 pairs of Ear Climbers....All are advance orders..

Respected Contributor

I'm not interested in buying real gold since the price is still too high compared to what it once was. I buy more silver now. Won't buy gold plated resin stuff.

I'm more interested in gemstones than plain gold at this point anyway. Right now I'm saving for a certain gemstone that I really want. When I've got the amount saved, I'll go to NYC to jewelers row, pick a stone and then have it set. I've never done it that way before so I'm excited.

Honored Contributor

No surprise here. I didn't watch one minute of it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Kalli said:

I'm not interested in buying real gold since the price is still too high compared to what it once was. I buy more silver now. Won't buy gold plated resin stuff.

I'm more interested in gemstones than plain gold at this point anyway. Right now I'm saving for a certain gemstone that I really want. When I've got the amount saved, I'll go to NYC to jewelers row, pick a stone and then have it set. I've never done it that way before so I'm excited.

Just had two rings made with a couple stones from my grandparents who are long gone. It is the absolute best thing I ever did. I even used all my scrap and broken gold to help make the jewelry. It is something I will treasure the rest of my life and my mother is thrilled to see her parents gemstones being used.