Respected Contributor

Re: JEWELRY DAY DISAPPOINTING

I did watch a little bit of it last night and it seemed to be mostly Bronzo. I do have a couple of pieces from the line and I like it. I did purchase a 24 inch white Bronzo necklace that matched the TSV bracelet. I am just not going to invest in 14k gold. It is just way too expensive to get a good gram weight and I prefer heftly gram weights. I have a few lovely pieces but I am mostly a sterling silver woman anyway.

Super Contributor

On 2/13/2015 tashiar said:

The show is not the same without Lisa. I found it very boring and turned it off. The highlight of the show was Italy and it lost it's special feeling. Lisa made the pieces stand out. Not so much with Rick (can't understand why they have him hosting jewelry).

He's been hosting jewelry shows for many years.
Contributor

The way I became hooked on the Q originally was with jewelry. It is a passion and I already had some fabulous pieces from my DH. I have so much 14k and sterling accumulated that any time I'm tempted now, I just check my jewelry chest and look at what I already have. That causes me to remember that I'm retired and couldn't possible wear another piece of jewelry!

Respected Contributor

On 2/13/2015 NYCGRL said:
On 2/13/2015 Kalli said:

I'm not interested in buying real gold since the price is still too high compared to what it once was. I buy more silver now. Won't buy gold plated resin stuff.

I'm more interested in gemstones than plain gold at this point anyway. Right now I'm saving for a certain gemstone that I really want. When I've got the amount saved, I'll go to NYC to jewelers row, pick a stone and then have it set. I've never done it that way before so I'm excited.

Just had two rings made with a couple stones from my grandparents who are long gone. It is the absolute best thing I ever did. I even used all my scrap and broken gold to help make the jewelry. It is something I will treasure the rest of my life and my mother is thrilled to see her parents gemstones being used.

Would love to hear more about your rings. They sound lovely!

Respected Contributor

Yes, some things can be boring and others surprising. http://community.qvc.com/forums/jewelry/topic/493758/new.aspx

New Contributor

I like Rick but when he's hosting, he doesn't give guests enough opportunity to complete they're descriptive discussions without interrupting them. THAT IS ANNOYING, he continuously cuts the guest off in mid sentence constantly.