Respected Contributor

Re: JAI Colored Box Chain

[ Edited ]

@Pecky wrote:

Scott posted on FB the premier of colored box chains.  He showed a rose gold and a dark blue. There is going to be a sneak peak on Monday 9/30 and then on 10/2 for Creede silver.  I really want the rose.  

@Pecky   Thanks SO much for alerting us to this. The Colored Box Chains are fabulous. I alread have and wear daily the silver box chain. Followed Scott JAI on Facebook and just saw it pop up this morning Sept 30!

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 4.01.11 AM.png

I was tempted by the rose (always a personal fav) but I'm a denim gal and the blue is fabulous. Ordered mine EXPRESS just now!

@Pecky  @beckyb1012  Will you be ordering??

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

Scott posted on FB the premier of colored box chains.  He showed a rose gold and a dark blue. There is going to be a sneak peak on Monday 9/30 and then on 10/2 for Creede silver.  I really want the rose.  

@Pecky   Thanks SO much for alerting us to this. The Colored Box Chains are fabulous. I alread have and wear daily the silver box chain. Followed Scott JAI on Facebook and just saw it pop up this morning Sept 30!

I was tempted by the rose (always a personal fav) but I'm a denim gal and the blue is fabulous. Ordered mine EXPRESS just now!

I have been thinking about it all weekend as a possible Christmas gift for my DIL.  Afraid I would be tempted to hold for myself though.  I think she would love it @1Professor 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I didn’t like the blue, but the rose is pretty. I’v got a couple of pieces in gunmetal but don’t pull them out often. I ordered the rose in average. I hope it’s not too long, with the heft of the chain.

Valued Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Pagan wrote:

I might try the rose hammered ball earrings but otherwise I’m going to pass.

Plated jewelry doesn’t want to be friends with me. 

@Pagan  + all

It is NOT plated!

Fascinating new process.

Well, it kind of is ... Scott uses the word “clad” ... but it’s not the usual type of cladding. If you cut it in half it would be silver inside but the coating is apparently incredibly hard wearing.  

I think it’s intriguing too! Worth a shot!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@1ProfessorI did order the rose and gunmetal.  I already have the silver box and the beaded box so I thought I would go for the tri color look.  He also has a pretty heart charm bracelet with either rodolite, black spinal or white topaz that says"Stronger than you think".  I love that he has a xs now.  I have the small and it fits good but I wish he would do the xs in the cuffs because the small is way too big for my 5.5" wrist.

Trusted Contributor

I love the rose box chain! The best bracelet length for me is 7 i/2 inches. If I order the average will it fit like a regular 7 1/2 or shpould I order the Large (8") due to the thickness of the chain. I like a little drape in my bracelets.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks, Candy

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@1ProfessorI did order the rose and gunmetal.  I already have the silver box and the beaded box so I thought I would go for the tri color look.  He also has a pretty heart charm bracelet with either rodolite, black spinal or white topaz that says"Stronger than you think".  I love that he has a xs now.  I have the small and it fits good but I wish he would do the xs in the cuffs because the small is way too big for my 5.5" wrist.

I took the plunge and ordered it this morning in the blue.  Can you believe it, this is my first purchase from QVC since Feb. or March of 2011.  I got so tired of sending back items I just stopped, so this will have to be pretty impressive when it arrives.  I must admit I was also tempted to go ahead and order the gunmetal as well but I contained myself.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I ordered something too.  

A quick google of the terms Scott was just explaining indicates this is something called a PVD coating.  Looks pretty hardwearing!

if you look at the second paragraph of this explanation, you can see why the chains are these colors and what might be coming! LOL! 

https://www.johndesmond.com/blog/coatings/pvd-coating-a-finish-for-all-seasons/

Respected Contributor

@Pecky  @beckyb1012 @Pagan @EdithEllenLily + all

I ordered the "navy" colored box chain bracelet in a small (I usually take 6-3/4). It just arrived!

A bright deep color, like indigo denim. Now wearing it stacked with my JAI silver box chain, my Or Paz roses tennis bracelet, a lapis/silver bracelet . . .

Love it. (I actually ordered a back up. When I really love a piece of jewelry and plan to wear it weekly, if not daily, I want a back up.)

Also my new Brahmin Lapis Lazuli bag just arrived in the same delivery. Denim/blue heaven! Sigh.

15681379946547phpIHnzE1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@1Professor Ooooh, that Brahmin is a beauty!! Heart Congrats on finding the perfect bracelet to accompany it and your denims, too!! I think the JAI items are very well made and lovely. Enjoy...EEL Woman Happy