Occasional Contributor

JAI Baby Hand Ring - Has anyone else experienced this?

I love JAI Jewelry and I have purchased many pieces but the Baby Hand Ring which I purchased between June 2015 - 2016/17 [QVC has erased many orders from my account] and I was dealing with breast cancer at the time, I have worn it from the day I received it until last Friday, Jan.14, 2022.  I was doing my nighttime beauty routine and as I was putting moisturizer on my face I suddenly felt the ring slipping yet that wasn't the case it was melting loose off of my finger.  I stopped what I was doing, took the ring off, and it looked like it had been sized before but not by me.  I don't know if this was a returned ring that had been sized or if this is how they made these rings.  All I know is, I paid some hard-earned money on this ring and it didn't last as long as it should've - like forever.  I am upset that this happened and I immediately began to see if they were still available but they aren't.

If this has happened to anyone else, please let me know by leaving a message here.  And QVC, please let me know if this ring will be coming back into the mix again.  Also, if you have any advice on how to fix this, it would be great to know as well.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: JAI Baby Hand Ring - Has anyone else experienced this?

Your jeweler can probably fix this.  If not, try Ebay and keep trying.  There aren't many items that don't turn up eventually.

Honored Contributor

Its really hard to figure out what you're talking about.  Fix what?  If jewelry needs repair, A jeweler is your best source of information.  Perhaps if you posted a photo, it would help.

Apparently there is a JAI Facebook group.  I'm not a fan of the line so don't belong but perhaps they could help?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I am also confused about this post. You are writing about a ring that might have been purchased in 2015-2017 and it was "melting" off your finger how does this happen? And then you think someone may have had the ring sized and returned it?  Are you saying that the ring broke? 

Occasional Contributor

Sorry for the confusion.  I generate a lot of body heat which makes my hands very warm, hence the expression 'melting' as it felt as if it was melting off my finger.  As far as thinking it was sized prior & then returned to QVC -- when I received it, it was seamless, then a week prior to it melting off my finger I felt a ridge and it looked as though it had been sized as the ridge was a perfectly straight line. I took pics of it just now so you could see why I felt it was resized.20220118_032752_Jai1.jpg20220118_032522_jai2.jpg20220118_032603_jai3.jpg

Honored Contributor

@IROLYNOT   To me, i t looks like it just split, broke at a weak point where the ring is designed thin to fit more comfortably. Not sure if it will be replaced, damaged, by Q and or JAI. 

Confused that ring was purchased 2015-2016/17 and just received it on Friday?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IROLYNOT     The same thing happened to mine, fairly quickly.   I am very disappointed as to the quality.  I purchased it at full price and will never purchase another Jai ring again.  

I wear a Nickey Butler silver ring daily for over 20 years and it has held up beautifully.   

If you find a way to contact Jai, please let me know.  I, too, have the original box in which it now sits. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@IROLYNOT  You are talking about a ring that could be 7 years old. It looks like it just split in half at the thinnest point of the shank. if you love the ring take it to a jeweler and have it repaired.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had mine since it first was sold and no problem.  I have never taken it off for long, just cleaning.

Super Contributor

I'm sorry about your much loved ring.  I just saw a few on ebay in excess of $125 and they were used.  Why not try to contact the company and or have a local jeweler take a look at it.  IMO this should not happen to a ring of substance and good craftmanship which Jai professes to be.!  Good luck with it and I hope you have continued good health!