Honored Contributor

Really shocked to there are no JAI shows, but may show up in other presentations. The pearl show seems to have replaced Honora.

What are your thoughts on "gem day"?

Respected Contributor

I haven't watched yet today. But when I opened the website I was greeted by that gorgeous sapphire cross. Snapped up the multi sapphire choice immediately. I wear a cross every day and have many different types. 
Last night around 1:00 am I caught a bit of the Carolyn Pollack line. Was shocked at her appearance. There's actually a thread about it. 
As for JAI, I'm ok with not seeing him. Seems like many jewelry shows are dominated by his presence. 

I do not miss Honora though I LOVE pearls! Their penchant for dying the pearls turned me off. It took a lovely natural colored Pearl and made it look like a gaudy colored plastic ball. Many years ago I participated in a Christmas gift exchange. Falling for Joel Lechters pitch that every woman would love a pair of colored pearl stud earrings, I gave a red pair for the exchange. The woman's face when she opened the box- was Ewww.  I'm pretty sure she couldn't tell they were pearls. She tossed it aside. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I think they are saving JAI offerings for the silver show.  They aren't that big into gemstones anyway.  As far as pearls go, I also got turned off by Honora's metallic colors.  The only ones I have saved are some brown leverbacks and a peacock wide woven bracelet.  Whatever else I had went to ebay.  

Honored Contributor

Scott posted on FB that he will be poppijeng in during the day and that all JaI jewelry is on sale.

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness!  I don't care for him or his jewelry, yet it seems to dominate most jewelry events.  They need some variety.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I think they are saving JAI offerings for the silver show.  They aren't that big into gemstones anyway.  As far as pearls go, I also got turned off by Honora's metallic colors.  The only ones I have saved are some brown leverbacks and a peacock wide woven bracelet.  Whatever else I had went to ebay.  

I sold all my pearls like that on Posh

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thank goodness!  I don't care for him or his jewelry, yet it seems to dominate most jewelry events.  They need some variety.

Same here.  I don't care for him and the way he presents.  Another piece, same "mother" story and references.  He just rubs me the wrong way.   Now I love listening to Danny with Or Paz.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus   I like Jai pieces.  They are weighty and good quality.  There is a pink and green amethyst ring and bracelet that appear to be new.  The ring was presented briefly during the last jewelry event but the coordinating cuff is new and on a special reduced price.  I have seen Jai pieces presented sporadically throughout the day all at lower event prices.  If there is anything special you are looking for today might be the day to get it at a lower price.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the three stone black spinel ring on sale today.  It is marked down from$217 to $136.  J396249.

I saw the pink and green amethyst rings too.  However I had ordered something very similar when Dweck had a TSV several years ago.  I ordered both of those colors and I wear them stacked together.  They look cool stacked; I bet the JAI ones would look good together too.

Respected Contributor

Scott was on with a bracelet this morning; gemstones on a box chain bracelet; nothing new.