Honored Contributor

Re: Is Diamonique Deteriorating?

Bella Luce is my fave, such a great variety, and prices are so reasonable. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree Diamonique is deteriorating right before our eyes, don't know if its the buyers or QVC itself but they have really dropped the ball on this one. It's been along time since they have had anything interesting. I have even gone to the suggetion box and left ideas of things I would lovel to see them bring back. Getting in touch with them is out of the question even on facebook they  do not reply. I too have noticed the quality we enjoyed is gone. The gold clad is now very brassy not the mellow yellow it use to be.  It's sad I am sure they had a nice following who purchased a lot but they don't seem to care jewelry seems to be on the way out with QVC even the gold and silver shows we use to enjoy our few and far between.  I can remember when the Q had collectible shows that were fun and different. I have also noticed on many other items in different catagories once out of stock they don't come back for months and months if ever. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of this is the product itself.  I think quality has gone down.  Some of the stones have grayish color , sometimes foggy and poorly produced. The other is the very rapid popularity of Bella Luce.  Technically they might be the same, but the Bella Luce is very innovative with designs while the stones look very clean.  The rhodium plating with JTV pushes compared to the flat looking, lackluster silver QVC puts the stones in is another factor.  Also I think Charles Winston is the designer of many of the stones.  I have no idea if any of the sales are down, but I'm sure QVC sees these forums and heavy criticism DMQ receives.

Honored Contributor

I used to buy a lot of Diamonique & love every bit of it.  When I started working from home full time 5 years ago, I pretty much stopped, since I was at home all day every day.  When I go out of the house I still wear it, but I haven't bought any recently to notice.  If it is deteriorating, then I'm glad & haven't purchased any new pieces.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

The rhodium plating with JTV pushes compared to the flat looking, lackluster silver QVC puts the stones in is another factor.

When you see white metal with Diamonique, it is actually rhodium- or platinum-clad, not silverthe most reflective metal. We are aware of your dislike for silver but please do not post false information about QVC products.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought the "Amy" band ring and love it. I'm really pleased with the Diamonique - very sparkly  - not at all cloudy or dull. It's platinum clad and I think it looks terrific. I buy very few pieces of jewelry these days, but this band ring is one that I wear a lot. My wedding band is too loose (just need to get it resized), so this band is a great alternative.