Honored Contributor

Will You Give Yourself A Jewelry Goodie For Christmas?

What are you considering?

Thinking of several rings I saw on ebay from Levian, Choclatier Of Diamonds!

Chocolate and Vanilla

Levian-Chocolate-amp-Vanilla-Diamond-14k-Rose-Gold-Ring-STUNNING-RING-Size-7

NWT-LeVian-14k-Yellow-Gold-1-2-TCW-Vanilla-amp-White-Diamond-Ring-Size-7-03WEIR

LeVian 14K Gold 0.30ctw White & Chocolate Diamond Crossover Ring Size 7 LHG2

Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Give Yourself A Jewelry Goodie For Christmas?

@ECBG wrote:

Chocolate and Vanilla

I have a ring very similar (almost identical) to that ring.  It has champagne and regular white diamonds and was given to me for an anniversary gift from DH (he bought it at the Belk's fine jewelry counter) a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

I have not bought any of their rings but a good friend did. She had problem after problem with the first one and then wound up exchanging it for a second one and continued to have problems. Her rings were Ethiopian opals in the center with chocolate diamonds accenting her main stone. She lost stones, hap repairs had her opal turn yellow and other issues I can't remember. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Chocolate and Vanilla

Levian-Chocolate-amp-Vanilla-Diamond-14k-Rose-Gold-Ring-STUNNING-RING-Size-7

NWT-LeVian-14k-Yellow-Gold-1-2-TCW-Vanilla-amp-White-Diamond-Ring-Size-7-03WEIR

I love Levian.  Always wanted one.  I vote for the first one.

Honored Contributor

I no longer buy jewelry as I have way too much inventory that I never get around to wearing.  I always wear my wedding set and a substantial diamond eternity ring on my ring finder, right hand.

But, if Santa brings me that second ring you posted, I would force myself to wear it.  It is really pretty.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG, I am gifting myself no jewelry this season.  I think my collection is finally finished for good, and I am happy about that. 

Instead, I am purchasing a nice and comprehensive professional and dressy wardrobe of clothing.  I have worn single color tees and longsleeved shirts with sweatpants, for years, to drive my children to school, or walk them to a bus stop.  Now, it is finally time for me to build myself a wardrobe of clothing that will make me feel good about myself.  I have no need for any more jewelry. Pretty soon, I will not have a need for any more clothing, either. 

I hope you find something spectacular for yourself for the holidays, and that you enjoy it to the max.

Honored Contributor

Probably not.  I recently bought myself a AAA Tanzanite and diamond ring ing 14k from ShopLC.  It's gorgeous.  I also bought diamond hoop earrings from them a few months ago.  I doubt that I will buy myself any more jewelry until the spring.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG - "A" jewelry goodie? LOL! 

My birthday is right before Christmas, so I have a few things in mind. No seriously - DH usually gets me a fragrance and a cookbook, and some other things. Once in a while he'll surprise me with jewelry, but more often he'll see me looking at something and say he likes that and why don't I get it. This year will be different, as we have to look "online."  Smiley Happy

ETA: Both of the rings you're thinking about are gorgeous! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday 

That first one is the one I love the most!  I think the prices will be best after Christmas.   OOPS!  The center stone was replaced with a CZ.  That's a no!

I sold Levian for almost 5 years and know they have the best mines.

There have been some "lemons" like there is in anything.  I have seen several brands come in for repair.  One ring, (not Levian) had the top piece of the ring come apart!

Belk will have amazing prices on fine jewelry clearance the week of Christmas if you can get there.

😉

Respected Contributor

Well, it is always fun to shop for jewelry for oneself!

I like the look of Le Vian, but I know the chocolate diamonds are not as valuable as the white ones, although they are very pretty.  Sometimes Macy's has excellent sales on Le Vian as well, which may match Ebay prices. It is good to see all the different rings in person and examine the quality of the setting and the sparkle of the diamonds.

Every year I pick out one nice piece of jewelry for DH to "gift" me at the holidays.  Usually I try to keep the price less than one thousand dollars.  This year I am getting a diamond pendant from Macy's.  I am getting to the stage of not needing much more --maybe just upgrades!

The two Lord & Taylor stores in our area are going out of business and all fine jewelry is 70% off.  You can still look online at items.

Enjoy the shopping experience and do not choose too quickly so you can explore all options.