Contributor

Is Diamonique Deteriorating?

Question:  maybe it's just me? But does anyone else think that the quality of diamonique is not what it used to be???  I haven't ordered much jewelry lately but I just received my second piece over the last couple months and once again was hugely disappointed? 😣. I just got the wildflower necklace J369297 and found it below standards! The chain is a DULL gold, not sparkly or shiny in the least and the disc already had discoloration marks on it? Back it goes....100% not worth the money! It looks like cheap costume jewelry from H & M! 😞 The last piece I kept.....I now regret! It is the floral eternity band ring that Amy S goes on and on about! Within a matter of weeks it too became dull and cheap looking and the stones have no sparkle! It sits in my jewelry drawer. So disappointing to see this decline. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Diamonique Deteriorating?

DMQ quality has been a rather popular topic of discussion here lately. Some have said it's not what it use to be and say the quality is not there any more. I haven't bought many pieces in a very long time...just a pair of studs and I'm happy with those so far.

Honored Contributor

Clean your dull stones with a toothbrush and just about any kind of soap. Rinse well.  If that doesn't do it, I would send the ring back.  There is no reason the stones shouldn't sparkle.

Honored Contributor

I use this cleaning pen on my stones and they come out looking brand new. It's so easy to use.

s-l400.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not purchased any Diamonique lately because of the unattractive designs lately, but I do have the original 14K Kathy Levine ring and it still sparkles after all these years.  I don't even have to clean it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I feel like alot of the popularity of Diamonique went down

because they decided to go in the direction of "bigger is better"......instead of sticking with more believeable and classic styles........i think more women would purchase if the jewelry was more believeable in size, style.......then those honking big carat pieces....

Super Contributor

I loved the days when diamonique was set in 14kt. gold. The settings were gorgeous and unique. the pieces i bought back then, look just as good today, as they did then. I will say i have been disappointed in recent years by the endless halo designs and HUGE stones. i too prefer more believable pieces, one to three carats. the gold plating over sterling silver does have issues, at times rubbing off. but i will say most pieces haven't. In the past few months i have ordered the following pieces and found them to be lovely up close and personal. They don't look fake and are quite believable. they remind me of the vintage diamonique pieces we all adore.  

J368425

J368335

Respected Contributor

My Diamonique pieces are all at least fifteen years old. All are set in 14k or platinum. I wouldn't buy jewelry set in sterling or gold overlay. 
The current pieces look inferior. 

Trusted Contributor

Several years ago when Tacori was allowing their designs to be reproduced with Diamonique I feel that was so beautiful and elegant.  I agree that designs with bigger stones don't always mean better ones as a whole.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

DMQ quality has been a rather popular topic of discussion here lately. Some have said it's not what it use to be and say the quality is not there any more. I haven't bought many pieces in a very long time...just a pair of studs and I'm happy with those so far.

I think it's more the contrast between Bella Luce, a much better looking product.  DMQ isn't very stylish in design and presentation.  Some of the stones are foggy & grey looking in comparison.  I got one I wanted to throw in the trash.  Ironically, Cubic Zerconia belongs there.  Worthless.