Respected Contributor

Re: Imperial Gold!

[ Edited ]

@Fluffy -2 wrote:

Don't care about Imperial Gold at all... It looks so dated  like something from 70s or 80s... boring too... Sorry, JMO .

@Fluffy -2, No apology necessary...you're allowed to have your own opinion!  Smiley Very Happy

I still love my Mirawheat bracelet.  I paid about $500 back in '95.  It's a half inch wide and about 25 gr.  I've seen it for sale for $1500 on the bay...not sure if anyone actually has paid that much for one.

I'm really glad I bought it back when I did.  I'd never pay the going rate for gold per gram now.  

Contributor

$1500 is way too much for 25 grams of 14K gold...... I am finding super great deals on eBay....  For $1500 I can get 35 grams of 18K gold !!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fluffy -2 I agree, I paid $1500 on a 40.04 gram bracelet in 14k

Does anyone have Imperial Gold's contack information.  I would like to contact the company directly.  Your reply would be greatly appreciated.  

just to let everyone know, I just spoke with  customer service and asked about the warranty if something should happen..I was politely told the current company does not have one..buyer beware..I bought Imperial Gold from the last company and they did repair a ring and a bracelet..the ring broke again and they were not with QVC anymore so it sits in a box as junk gold...if you spend that much money , don't you think a warranty should be there...what's happening to QVC??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@paynter wrote:

just to let everyone know, I just spoke with  customer service and asked about the warranty if something should happen..I was politely told the current company does not have one..buyer beware..I bought Imperial Gold from the last company and they did repair a ring and a bracelet..the ring broke again and they were not with QVC anymore so it sits in a box as junk gold...if you spend that much money , don't you think a warranty should be there...what's happening to QVC??

This is why I cancelled my order for the TSV!  I read that the original company went out of business and this new one doesn't have a warranty or does repairs.  I had a ring similar from years back that one of the links broke and they fixed it.  I'm not going to take that chance now especially if it isn't made as well as it was before.  On another note... couldn't QVC through us a bone and give free shipping on the TSV??

Trusted Contributor

I will probably be pilloried in a public square for saying this, but all the Imperial gold pieces look too much alike to me.  How come the styling isn't more varied--especially at those prices!

Respected Contributor

Linda looks fantastic!

IG is so unique, & so beautifully made. I just love it. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't own any IG, but for the price since it is different and not every jeweler can repair it, they should offer some type of warranty. 

My sister owns a vintage bracelet and it used to be 1/4 in thick but many years ago she got caught on a fence. Bracelet didn't break but the V pieces closed making it thinner and longer. Still very pretty. But very well made. 

New Contributor

I have an old IG bracket that I have worn for years. Unfortunately one of the links broke. Does anyone know where we can get the old ones fixed. It was advertised as a lifetime guarantee with the company but I don’t have any contact information for them and neither does QVC Customer Service.  Does anyone have a contact? Or know what to do to get an older item fixed?