Trusted Contributor

Re: I saw thee most beautiful diamond ring today!!!!

I guess you're looking for a ring that would knock your socks off.  This is a James Allen 3 carat oval cut scallop ring I finally found.  This would be an eye catcher IMO:

oval cut diamond scallop ring James Allen.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SharkE    You are so right about wearing diamond simulants. A few years ago on one of the reality TV shows a young woman was sporting what her fiance told her was a canary yellow diamond engagement ring. Turned out to be a fake. No one knew this until she had it appraised. I have a Epiphany Diamonique medallion pendant. I have had people ask me if it was an antique. I just smile and say no it's a recent purchase. It's not huge and gaudy and can easily pass for the real thing.  But I would never lie and say it was a diamond pendant. So far no one has been brash enough to ask if it is a diamond. 

Honored Contributor

I've had the pleasure of seeing some unbelieveable diamond rings at the Levian shows.

One diamond ring I fell in love was a tiny $20,000!  (ONLY)!

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@SharkE    You are so right about wearing diamond simulants. A few years ago on one of the reality TV shows a young woman was sporting what her fiance told her was a canary yellow diamond engagement ring. Turned out to be a fake. No one knew this until she had it appraised. I have a Epiphany Diamonique medallion pendant. I have had people ask me if it was an antique. I just smile and say no it's a recent purchase. It's not huge and gaudy and can easily pass for the real thing.  But I would never lie and say it was a diamond pendant. So far no one has been brash enough to ask if it is a diamond. 

This is a story from 1000 yrs ago, but, never forget it. Lonnie Anderson was married to Burt Reynolds at the time and she was on one of the selling channels can't remember if it was Q, Hsn, or one of the other channels.  She had her own line of fake jewelry based on some of her own stuff and stuff she had designed herself.  

OK, so, Burt had given her a rare canary yellow diamond substantial size ring think it was her engagement ring, so, there she is on live TV selling a replica of her own $$$$$$$$$$$ rare canary yellow diamond.

As it turned out later, Burt had that stone popped out and had a fake put in and there she was sitting on the TV (she didn't know it) going on about her 'real' one and what she actually had was one of her own fakes. ROFL   Story didn't come out till AFTER the divorce when it hit National Enquirer. Burt had put 1 over on her. 

I think the way he put it over on her was she never wore it kept it in a safe . it was done in a timely fashion.  But there she sit on TV everybody oohing and ahhing on her 'canary yellow diamond' and she didn't even know it was a switcheroo.  Bet when she married the next guy she didn't take any chances it never left her finger and she had it appraised yearly hahhahahhahah   I felt bad for her though. Always liked her. Burt was a A-hole for humilating  her like that.

One of the basketball stars bought his wife a rare pink diamond to keep her from divorcing him when he was caught stepping out too.

I would had favored the pink more then the yellow. Think they have

found red diamonds too. Bet that's a sight to see.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

My younger daughter's engagement ring is an oval solitaire with two baguettes on the side.  She likes to be different so she opted for an oval and not round solitaire.  And years a go, I had a manager who came from money and married money  and she had a huge, I want to say 3 ct but it could have been bigger, oval engagement ring.  It was a Tiffany setting in a heavy platinum setting.  I was young and I had never seen an engagement ring of that caliber. I'd be in meetings with her and I would stare at her ring. I always notice women's jewelry and men's watches. I can't help myself.  

Nothing wrong with that! I like jewelry too!

Respected Contributor

One of the basketball stars bought his wife a rare pink diamond to keep her from divorcing him when he was caught stepping out too.

Yeah, I think we all know who he was.

Honored Contributor

@Junker2327 

My engagement ring is a 2.5 carat oval diamond in a band we designed.  When I travel I wear a Moissanite I had set in a very similar band.

Happy shopping!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I bought the Absolute engagement ring on hsn for about 22.00 on sale and its good looking and looks real I think.

Prettier in person.

Respected Contributor

My favorite diamond ring is an antique three stone ring that my husband gave to me for our anniversary. I lost my original diamond outside doing yard work.