Honored Contributor

Re: I saw thee most beautiful diamond ring today!!!!

What I like about this board is I can experience others' jewelry and experiences vicariously.  In this case I was leaning over ring, which was sort of OK until I started drooling on her hand.

Honored Contributor

They make great fakes nowdays hard to tell the difference that gal probably had on a fake.  i wouldn't believe unless I saw a receipt. LOL

Even movie stars wear replicas of their real stuff because insurance won't pay off. After Sophia Loren  got burgarlized several times she just had replicas made of what she liked.  Sad, but, true.

Trusted Contributor

The ring sounds lovely. Here is my dream ring and setting. Maybe someday!

C8AAC252-66DE-4979-A949-64AC1C3F89E2.png

Honored Contributor

@Junker2327   LOL That sounds like my engagement ring. I posted it here and got holy he*l, so won't do it again. I shop at HomeGoods all the time. 

Honored Contributor

My younger daughter's engagement ring is an oval solitaire with two baguettes on the side.  She likes to be different so she opted for an oval and not round solitaire.  And years a go, I had a manager who came from money and married money  and she had a huge, I want to say 3 ct but it could have been bigger, oval engagement ring.  It was a Tiffany setting in a heavy platinum setting.  I was young and I had never seen an engagement ring of that caliber. I'd be in meetings with her and I would stare at her ring. I always notice women's jewelry and men's watches. I can't help myself.  

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Desertdi 

The picture you posted is similar to my updated wedding ring.  I had my engagement diamond mounted on a Florentine woven band:

8CE67621-2DE5-4A28-8CDA-3090181EF080.jpeg

Very prettySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The most beautiful ring that I ever saw wasn't a diamond but an emerald. Many years ago I worked with a lady who wore an emerald ring in the emerald cut. It was set in yellow gold and she wore it on her right hand. Emeralds are my favorite stones and if I were ever fortunate enough to own an emerald ring I would want the emerald cut. I don't care for all of the extraneous fancy swirls and little stones around the center stone. I feel like it takes away from the center stone and makes the ring look fussy and less elegant. But that is just my opinion. 

Super Contributor

If you look into cabochon or sugarloaf cut, it might give you bigger stone look. I admire these cuts, they are not easy to fin either. I agree, emerald is the best stone.

Trusted Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I was in HOMEGOOD today and waiting in line when I noticed the lady in front of me was wearing the most jaw dropping diamond ring. The ring was a center 3 carat OVAL diamond surrounding by small diamonds all the way around it and going down the sides of the shank more  than half way around. Each side of the ring had little damonds scattered across it very delilcately. It was all set in platinum. I have a round diamond and a radiant cut diamond which I love but I dont know that I have ever seen an actual OVAL diamond but it was and it was stunning..Have you ever seen an oval diamond. It was insanely gorgeous.

Beckyblu

If you're willing to look thru 19,310 oval cut rings go to Ebay and try to find the ring that is closest to hers - if you got the time.

Esteemed Contributor

My question to OP: How do you know the carat weigh and that the band is platinum?  Did you ask the ring wearer?  If you did, why didn't you ask where she bought it and how much it cost?  I know, pushy, but....