Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Annabellethecat66   Didn't see the show, but looking at the pics, they're a definite NO. I agree w/ @Kachina624 ...she must not do anything else with those nails. Definitely not a professional look, but I've seen other hosts, too w/ distracting nail designs. I'm surprised that Q doesn't have some kind limitations/standards on this.

@Shanus    Back in the Kathy Levine days, she, who had beautiful natural nails, would joke if she broke the "neutral nails" rule, she'd get a memo from her boss.  During the holidays, she'd occasionally break out in red.  Horrors!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's nail art and it's been around for a long time.  We are seeing more of it on shopping channel hosts now.   I like it but not for myself.

Honored Contributor

The host is lovely and has pretty hands.

I just find it distracting especially when the camera comes in close.

I realize it's the style these days.  I'm a firm believer that just because someone doesn't like something...it all must change.

I think with me, it's the fact that it sticks out from the nail.  I think they are supposed to represent pearls.

I've seen them on other QVC hosts.  I don't have a problem with those.  Like I said, it's showing the jewelry close up and those white-looking bubbles everywhere.

Honored Contributor

Last week host Vanessa was cohosting with Shawn and Shawn said what is on your nails and she said, pearls!! 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Kathy Levine wrote in her book about the hosts being told to wear very simple nails and polish on the air, nothing viewers will find distracting. I have heard the hosts on JTV say they are only allowed to wear white or pastel polishes. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's called 3D nail art. There are a couple of other hosts who also have nail art.

Example:

How To: 3D Pearl Nails

@SilleeMee 

I know it's an example of nail art, but this particular style looks like she has poison ivy on her nails.  Just a first image.

I work with someone that has 3 little "diamonds" near only one cutical.  It's quite attractive that way.

Honored Contributor

I just watched the video to see what the complaint was about and I have to say, I think the host's nails look awful.  Way over the top for decoration.

Totally distracting.  I also kept looking at her nails rather than the bracelet she was supposed to be presenting.  How is that simple bracelet supposed to compete with her bedazzled and bepearled (fake) fingernails?

IMO, if your job is to sell a product, you shouldn't do anything to take the customer's attention away from that.

Honored Contributor

I don't care how a host does their nails, hair, what they wear. I want to know product details. 

Respected Contributor

It looks like bacteria growing in a petri dish to me.  And speaking of that i think it would be difficult to keep your hands clean.