Contributor

I cannot believe they actually sent the earrings back to you...it would seem like less trouble just to keep them even if they were a few days late...they should go by the post mark on the item. I've never had any trouble returning things to HSN. I'm shocked they would be so petty over a few days...

Honored Contributor
On 2/24/2015 Shelbelle said:

EVINE also says they must have returns back within 30 days of purchase.

EVINE is 30 days from the day you receive the item. It's stated in the returns policy.

It used to be 30 days from the day that was on the invoice but that was changed quite awhile ago when they were still ShopHQ and Evine kept the same policy.

Honored Contributor

It's 30 days from the day you receive the item as stated in their policy which is on their website. However, they do know when you receive the item and I believe they allow for X number of days from then for it to get back to their warehouse.

They are very particular and I had something sent back to me that I attempted to return because it was 2 weeks past the return deadline.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/24/2015 Day1128 said:

I found out today that HSN does not provide a customer 30 days to try an item and still return it. I bought a pair of earrings and returned them with 30 days of receipt. HSN shipped the earrings back to me with a letter stating that items have to be returned within 30 days of PURCHASE. Depending upon how long HSN takes to get the item to the post office, and how long the post office takes for delivery, a customer may have 21 days or so to review an item. I guess I should have read the policy a little closer about returns, since each item will have a different amount of time that a customer may try it before having to return it, based on how quickly HSN sends the item out and how soon delivery is made.

WOW- I never heard of that happening before. Definitely contact a supervisor- I've always found them to be generous with the 30 days- a few days over didn't matter!

Contributor
This just started but was never really announced as far as I am concerned. I asked what if they delayed the shipping. Hadn't figured it out. However they said I returned a pair of earrings I bought in July. Not so I have them and returned them ( different size) to me. I ran into a lot of medical family issues and did do a lot of XMAS returning. We celebrate the first weekend after little XMAS so cuts it close. The family decided no gifts and use the dollars for the one in need. It circulated and the extended families did the same. Life happens and honestly just to see everyone not want or didn't fit their gifts I felt terrible with the returns. Robert Manse I love. One package was sent UPS . I myself was at the MD and called main office they stated they didn't need signature. No one is around except me to accept packages & hold extra keys. UPS said they would hold it 5 days at a facility 15 miles away. My old car was in the shop. I called them & told them to return the package with a note that I had no way ogf getting the package but would pay any charges. Now all says returned and I never saw the items. Hard with disabilities when everyone is working 2 jobs. Now they don't put the price you paid on the invoice. I called and asked why and they told me gift giving policy. I have since purchased for myself and the price is not on the invoice. This makes it harder to check your statements like the earrings. I never returned them, but sent back other by same designer. Now I am stuck with them & they are expensive. We have had so much illness, frozen cars, pipes that I haven't even had the chance to look into it. Then it will be too late. CS has always been great to me on both sites. They are human, not computers and understand life happens. However I do not approve of no price on the invoice. Not sure if they are still doing it but it doesn't sit right with me. Happy Shopping. Enjoy
Trusted Contributor

Not sure why your invoices are not reflecting the total breakdown of the purchase (shipping, tax, etc along with purchase price) They are always on every one of my purchases unless I do specify it is a gift in which case they then send an invoice minus that info.

Everything I have bought up to now has included all charges and the breakdown of payments if I use flex pay. You might want to call and ask CS why your invoices don't reflect that info.

I think a reliable guideline to use for returns to HSN is to make sure you have it in the mail the following month either before or by the date they show on your invoice that it was shipped out. I guess they could get hung up on a 31 day month but haven't ever had an issue myself. I do usually mail a day or two earlier (i.e., I had an order that they shipped out to me on 25 January and it was in the mail by 23 February since Jan is a 31 day month) HSN is usually pretty quick in getting orders shipped almost immediately so I just check the date they list as their ship date and make sure I have it en-route by that date (or the day before) the following month.

I have read that HSN is enforcing the return dates a bit more now than they have in the past so it's probably wise to not try to push it.

Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2015 ibb38 said:
On 2/24/2015 Day1128 said:

I found out today that HSN does not provide a customer 30 days to try an item and still return it. I bought a pair of earrings and returned them with 30 days of receipt. HSN shipped the earrings back to me with a letter stating that items have to be returned within 30 days of PURCHASE. Depending upon how long HSN takes to get the item to the post office, and how long the post office takes for delivery, a customer may have 21 days or so to review an item. I guess I should have read the policy a little closer about returns, since each item will have a different amount of time that a customer may try it before having to return it, based on how quickly HSN sends the item out and how soon delivery is made.

WOW- I never heard of that happening before. Definitely contact a supervisor- I've always found them to be generous with the 30 days- a few days over didn't matter!

I've found HSN to be generous with their return policy, too. I rarely return items & almost always call them to let them know when I am returning something.

Valued Contributor

UPDATE to my original post.

I did contact HSN and they were very helpful. The vendor (not HSN) sent me a letter when they returned the earrings to me that I had returned, and the vendor stated 'the warranty expires 30 days after the date of purchase.'

HSN advised me that this is incorrect. Their policy states '30 days from receipt of item.'

I was happy to hear this and to get this confusion corrected. HSN provided a quick response and helpful information to me.

Honored Contributor

Good to hear that. HSN CS is great.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of thread bump.