Valued Contributor

Ridiculous Amount of Time for Exchanges and Returns

I recently ordered myself a birthday present which was pricey but wanted the item so much I took the plunge.  I received it last week and the size was completely off.  It seemed as though it was a whole size up.  I returned it the next morning to exchange for a smaller size since the ring itself was absolutely stunning.  I finally see that the item was delivered back to QVC on 3/24 however, nothing has moved since.  I called CS with absolutely no help at all.  They indicate the warehouse is a completely different area and handles returns and exchanges with no information on the length of time.  I know things take time however, why is it that when I deal with other stores they are quick with shipping and exchanges if needed but QVC is like a snail. It will probably be another month before I see my ring in the exchanged size. So frustrating!!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Ridiculous Amount of Time for Exchanges and Returns

My exchange shows delivered to QVC on 3/22 and other than that, same as you, no movement. 

Valued Contributor

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. We are both in the same boat.

Respected Contributor

I Agree!  I’m still waiting for my money after 3 weeks.  

Honored Contributor

There have been complaints about that exchange thing since the beginning.  I would never risk it if it was item that I really, really wanted.  It's safer just to return the wrong one and order the right one.  But I don't knickle& dime over shipping charges.  So, that works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I no longer exchange one item for another - it's never worked smoothly for me, unless it's a local B&M. It's easier for me to just return the item and re-order what I want on my own. Yes, I'm paying for 2 items for a short time, but at least I know I don't have to rely on having someone recognize that I want an exchange and hope that they do it correctly.

Honored Contributor

The same thing happened to me.  I sent my return back by priority mail so they had tracking to show it arrived.  After waiting 3 weeks, I called CS and they processed the refund on the spot.

They told me it's "holiday" returns.  Baloney!  It was early March.  They are just plain slow and, most likely, understaffed.  Lousy customer service.  I haven't ordered since.

Honored Contributor

That's why the "new" exchange policy is ridiculous.  The best way to get your new item is to order it quicky after you discover the one you originally ordered is a bust.  But you can't do that; you have to wait and indicate on your return slip that you want to reorder in another size (or color).  Otherwise you will pay for the original return.  Often, by the time all is said and done, the item isn't even available.

Honored Contributor

Never, never, never do an exchange.  Just re-order the item and return the first one.  Exchanges never worked well in the old days and they certainly won't now.  The downside is you have two items on your card, but you will avoid disappointment with a sell-out.

Valued Contributor

I called CS Monday and was told there was nothing they can do I had to wait that the warehouse takes care of everything and that they do not have any information of anything from their end.  So today I see nothing has been done yet no activity.  I called CS and got an awesome person who right away ordered a different size to be shipped right away at the price I originally paid.  Not sure why it took two calls but much happier.