Honored Contributor

OMG, that's a big "no" for me. The other day I was coming out of the grocery store and removed my mask. The elastic ear holders got caught on my hoops (through the opening) & almost tore my piercings. Then in an effort to untangle myself, one hearing aid landed in the parking lot...the other aid caught the thud. By this time, my glasses were also  sitting crooked.

With a mask, lots to keep track of behind my ears. Don't even ask about when I tuck my hair behind my ears.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus  I only wear one hearing aid now due to the left  ear being so bad it's not helpful. I've found the right one unattached and hanging from the elastic. 
 With others wearing masks I can't read lips so usually just leave it in the car. Even with it when others wear them they have to do charades for me to understand. 
 Masks block sound waves. 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@Shanus  I only wear one hearing aid now due to the left  ear being so bad it's not helpful. I've found the right one unattached and hanging from the elastic. 
 With others wearing masks I can't read lips so usually just leave it in the car. Even with it when others wear them they have to do charades for me to understand. 
 Masks block sound waves. 

@1Snickers  I agree, it's a big issue even with both hearing aids. I used to have "20/20 hearing" if compared to vision with my hearing aids, but the masks do muffle the sound and maybe people tend to mumble. DH has a difficult time having conversations w/ masked folks and there's nothing wrong with his ears. 

Honored Contributor

I know exactly what you are talking about.  I wear large dangling earrings, sometimes hoops and wear glasses.  PITA when taking off my mask after leaving a store.  Earrings flying all over the place, glasses barely hanging on my nose, etc.

My solution:  DO NOT remove mask until I get inside my house.  Problem solved. Smiley Frustrated  I feel so stupid driving around town wearing a mask inside my car.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Shanus @I hope you don't mind but I laughed so hard reading your post my dh wanted to know what was so funny...he had a laugh too.Thanks for the moment.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I know exactly what you are talking about.  I wear large dangling earrings, sometimes hoops and wear glasses.  PITA when taking off my mask after leaving a store.  Earrings flying all over the place, glasses barely hanging on my nose, etc.

My solution:  DO NOT remove mask until I get inside my house.  Problem solved. Smiley Frustrated  I feel so stupid driving around town wearing a mask inside my car.

Smart Lady @Mz iMac . I thought of that, but when I get in the car, change my regular glasses to my sunglasses and the mask would still cause an issue. If this goes on much longer, may use some eyelash glue to attach Velcro in front of each ear and put Velcro on my masks. Just kidding, but a million dollar idea, right?

Honored Contributor

@dex   Don't mind a bit. Everyone needs a laugh, especially now. If you had been there to witness the moment, you may have needed to change your pants. I almost did. 🤗

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Smart Lady @Mz iMac . I thought of that, but when I get in the car, change my regular glasses to my sunglasses and the mask would still cause an issue. If this goes on much longer, may use some eyelash glue to attach Velcro in front of each ear and put Velcro on my masks. Just kidding, but a million dollar idea, right?

4_17_207.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers   @Shanus    One of our local TV stations did a story last week on a woman who is making masks with a clear plastic inset over the mouth area so the hearing disabled could read their lips.  Look around, you may be able to find something similar.  They were nice looking and well-done too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I discovered one of my gold earrings I almost never remove was missing and thought, yep probably pulled it off with the mask.  I looked everywhere.  About a week later I found it in my gravel driveway of course flattened.

The real bad news; I probably bought these simple gold 18K hoops 20 years ago from QVC.  I thought I'm ready for a new pair. OMG, the price of 18K gold earrings is unbelievable now. 

I now wear none except when I need to, and also said heck with the makeup.