Respected Contributor

Re: Got my first Larimar piece right on the beach in DR!!!!

@SANNA

D.R. Has amber too.  I was given amber earrings as a goodbye present upon leaving D.R.  I bought a very small piece of amber with an insect in it....I have NO IDEA where it is, but it sure would be nice to show the grandkids if I could ever find it!!  Too cold to swim in the ocean?

Respected Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

@SANNA

D.R. Has amber too.  I was given amber earrings as a goodbye present upon leaving D.R.  I bought a very small piece of amber with an insect in it....I have NO IDEA where it is, but it sure would be nice to show the grandkids if I could ever find it!!  Too cold to swim in the ocean?

Ocean is very nice!!!! This week is been windy though, So It made it more chilly for me to enter the water.

But today the wind is ok and I am swimming all day, especially after a few glasses of rose...life is 😊 

Trusted Contributor

@SANNAwhat a lovely souvenir of your vacation!  That's a gorgeous stone!  Those little shops on the beaches in the Caribbean are so much fun!  You'll remember that trip every time you wear that pendant.  Congrats on a great find!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so glad you decided to support the DR economy; I'9m sure they appreciate it.  I love turquoise, Larimar and Amazonite, which are all in the same blue family.  I dislike the tropical climate and have made my last trip there.

@SANNA   Do you remember the poster AliJoi showing us this piece of Larimar?  Its the most magnificent piece I've ever seen.  It belongs to her and she had earrings made to match.  Probably a museum piece.

Screenshot_20170712-193037.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

What a magnificent piece of jewelry! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm so glad you decided to support the DR economy; I'9m sure they appreciate it.  I love turquoise, Larimar and Amazonite, which are all in the same blue family.  I dislike the tropical climate and have made my last trip there.

@SANNA   Do you remember the poster AliJoi showing us this piece of Larimar?  Its the most magnificent piece I've ever seen.  It belongs to her and she had earrings made to match.  Probably a museum piece.

Screenshot_20170712-193037.jpg

Oh yes, I remember seing it, but nothing even close to this exists in their shops!!

I love tropics and we like DR climate ,it is less humid than Mexico. That is why we support them plenty every year in the past 10-15 years!!! 

Flying home today and I am not looking forward it..... it's 19F😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Trusted Contributor

Lucky you to have nabbed a Larimar pendant, it's gorgeous.