Respected Contributor

California Gold Rush is not the last event to be cancelled. The February Day of Vicenza Style is replaced with Italian Jewelry Clearance on February 18. The QVC Program Guide for March 1st is due to be released on January 25.

Contributor

I do shop at Evine. You're right, it used to be Shopnbc. They sell so much more jewelry than QVC does. I like that almost every item is on some kind of flex pay. Their turn over is pretty good so you're not seeing the same items for months and months. Like all the shopping channels their gold prices can be high. They have a good selection of different and unusual gemstone pieces.

I know we'll all be glad to see gold go down. Who would have thought it would take this long? They used to even sell a few platinum pieces here and on HSN.

Valued Contributor

@Pat F After reading your post I went to Evine, I have checked them out before but never ordered anything. You're right they have a fantastic selection. I might just make my first purchase soon.

I was pretty excited to see the upcoming gold show on QVC. I am caregiver to my 80 yr old Mom who doesn't get too excited about going out and shopping anymore so we watch jewelry and fashion together. It really makes her day and we can discuss something besides dr appointments and aches and pains. We will definitely watching together and will no doubt find something we love.

Looking through the offerings online, I found something that has been been on my wish list for a long time, a walking Liberty 22k coin pendant. I am currently debating whether to make this major purchase. I know I'll be disappointed if I play it safe and be kicking myself later . I have the perfect chain already. I will probably go for it, I have wanted a gold coin pendant for a long time.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Honored Contributor

Wow! Q sent me a preview of the gold show and they will be showing SOLID gold bangles. Course, they're 1,000 , but, sure are purty !

My girl, Antonella will flip. LOL

Woman Very Happy

Occasional Visitor

@Debzzz wrote:

@Pat F After reading your post I went to Evine, I have checked them out before but never ordered anything. You're right they have a fantastic selection. I might just make my first purchase soon.

I was pretty excited to see the upcoming gold show on QVC. I am caregiver to my 80 yr old Mom who doesn't get too excited about going out and shopping anymore so we watch jewelry and fashion together. It really makes her day and we can discuss something besides dr appointments and aches and pains. We will definitely watching together and will no doubt find something we love.

Looking through the offerings online, I found something that has been been on my wish list for a long time, a walking Liberty 22k coin pendant. I am currently debating whether to make this major purchase. I know I'll be disappointed if I play it safe and be kicking myself later . I have the perfect chain already. I will probably go for it, I have wanted a gold coin pendant for a long time.

The 22kt coin you are referring to is called an American Gold Eagle, although QVC calls them Liberty coins. The Walking Liberty is a different coin, and a different image. You can Google for images.

Also, search on QVC, because there are better values than what is being offered in the "sale."

The gold in the American Gold Eagle is mined in the US, so they are very special coins.

"Striding Lady Liberty (obverse) - The beautiful and classic design of the American Gold Eagle coin is captured in the graceful Striding Liberty, first created by Augustus Saint Gaudens for the 1907-1933 $20 U.S. Double Gold Eagle gold coin. She is shown striding forward with a torch and olive branch in tow. In the background is the Capitol building and rays of sunlight illuminating in the horizon. The ring of 50 stars represent each of the United States of America.

American Bald Eagle (reverse) - The bald eagle is widely known as one of the most symbolic representations of America. The image, by sculptor Miley Busiek, features a male eagle returning to nest of American eagles signifying the strength and security of American families."

Esteemed Contributor

Has there been any explanation of why there is no "Gold Rush" after all these years???

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Wow! Q sent me a preview of the gold show and they will be showing SOLID gold bangles. Course, they're 1,000 , but, sure are purty !

My girl, Antonella will flip. LOL

Woman Very Happy

I love watching Antonella selling jewelry!

Honored Contributor

She cracks me up. I don't think that gal knows what 'sour' is. Always happy she can brighten up your day.