Honored Contributor

J360504 is much better deal.  1 and 1/2C (but the Tanzanite face is big)  Elongated Cushion Cut pendent  Price is $869.00  (each payment is $144.80.  Very pretty.  Only on white 14K.  

Honored Contributor

I was originally attracted to QVC in 1996 with Diamonique.  The second feature was gold.  My local jeweler marveled at their ability to offer gold at the prices they did.  I still have a San Marco that I paid QVC $249.00 for and at that exact moment the jewelry store had it for $500.00.  Unfortunately gold has gone way up and I buy my basic cheaper gemstones in 10K or sterling for way less money.  But my point is QVC is no longer competitive in their gold offerings.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Gem Day TSV

[ Edited ]

Most gem stones are tripled in price (perhaps more) because they have a combo diamonds and set in gold.  When you remove one or both factors, you will get low cost gem stone.  Very few gems look that great by itself without some kind of sparkle around it.  You just about have to have either a white sapphire, Zircon or anything else to substitute.  There are ways to keep the cost down, buy showing a collection (real name) of stones instead of a solitaire. And by setting in silver. Another way is set it small semi precious gems in 10K without diamonds.  But it's all pulling hairs!  Gold and diamonds are just too expensive to keep on gem stone jewelry and be able sell at a low cost on QVC!  They are offering it under $1,000.00, but that is about $500.00 too much for many viewers. Will see how may they sell.

Valued Contributor

So few days of gems and this is the TSV?  Such a common setting with a price that seems like you could find at any Main Street jewelry store...maybe they would even have it for less.  QVC must not have any buying power left.  A TSV should be priced so more can afford it without six easy payments.  The folks designing these rings need to shop around and open their eyes...we are wearing joggers and sneakers and hoodies....we might wear a single stone in a setting that is a little more inspired than a row of ovals.  This TSV ring is pretty and many will love it but QVC just seems to keep missing the boat in the jewelry department.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gem Day TSV

[ Edited ]

I like the gem & diamond tennis bracelets.  The Tanzanite is the most expensive, over $1,600.00.  The others are about $1,400.00.  J366106    The blue Zircon is one of the few semi-precious stones I like.  Pretty.  (Actually better then semi-precious....kind of a middle stone like the aquamarine)  Remember, Tanzanite is a soft stone.  So if you buy the bracelet, be careful.. Fire Opal (rolls eyes) I noticed no Lightning Ridge Aussie opals....enough said.

Honored Contributor

I really surprised myself and ordered the blue zircon ring at midnight.  It is my birthstone and I have a few rings now.  None of them have really good color, so this ring caught my attention.  The decision to keep will be on the saturation of the color.  I also hope they come up with some less expensive rings today and I can add a cheaper one for my consideration.  The TSV is what I would spend on my next computer.  Hint:  It won't be a Dell, I'm angling for an Apple from Costco.  

Respected Contributor

Very nice, but not in my budget.

Trusted Contributor

@depglass I think the blue zircon is beautiful!  I hope you love it when you get it home.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@depglass I think the blue zircon is beautiful!  I hope you love it when you get it home.  Smiley Happy

Blue Zircon is the best of the semi precious gems.  It's better then a semi-precious now. It's the best deal of anything on QVC Gem show.  I consider it one of the "middle gems" like Tourmaline and aquamarine. .  I've seen gorgeous ones on Gem Shopping Network. 

I was one that purchased the fire opal tsv that day and regret it.  All day long, I watched to MAKE SURE the fire opal color we were to get is RED.  All day long the presentations stated it would be red, not one of the other colors shown on that little card.  We were to get THE BEST RED color stone.  We would see some "sparkes" of orange and yellow glowing from inside the red.  Well, all I got was ORANGE stones.  Orange, not the red as promised.  Yes, promised.  Now, of course when I got the orange color stones in the ring, I wrote a review and stated how unhappy I was and it was being returned.  Waited to see the review posted and of course they did not post it.  Instead, they made sure the first 3 reviews were glowing and that everyone loved the ORANGE color stones.  To make sure I was remembering the presentations correctly, I watched one again and sure enough it said RED STONES, not ANY of the other colors in that little sample card.  RED.  Anyway, sorry for the long rant but I'm tired of being told one thing from QVC gem experts and getting something altogether different.  No more pruchases of gemstone jewelry from me.  And probably no more jewelry purchases at all.  Sad really. 

As to the original post of this thread - I tried searching that item number and get nothing.