Esteemed Contributor

GEM DAY....Paper Clip Chains

Been watching the Gem shows and they are showing alot of items with the "paper clip" link.................i don't really care for the look........how about you?? Yes....or No???

Regular Contributor

Re: GEM DAY....Paper Clip Chains

A big NO from me

Honored Contributor

Doesn't appeal to me at all.  I don't find paperclips elegant or even interesting.  Strickly utilitarian. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like them but I have enough necklaces.

Trusted Contributor

All the ones I saw were done very poorly.  I loved the one that was part of the Jacqueline Kennedy collection because is was modeled after hers.  The ones yesterday I didn't think held a candle to that one.

Respected Contributor

No. Too "trendy" and not "forever" enough to buy in real gold. Costume look, but I'm not interested in it either way. Just doesn't do much for me.

Trusted Contributor

I think they're cute in a way, but I wouldn't invest any large amount of money in one.  It's something that I think I would tire of pretty quickly.

So, about a year ago, I did buy a little cheap one from Amazon, and it's cute....it was well

under $20, I think more like $13.

I think one of the reasons I even bought that one was that it reminded me of an old "Private Secretary" episode that I saw as a little girl.  Ann Sothern played a secretary in it, and in one episode she had no work to do at all (I don't remember why, it's not important), but as she sat at her desk completely bored,  she started connecting paperclips and made herself a long necklace.  As a little girl, for some reason I found that fascinating, though I never made one myself.

Honored Contributor

I like the look of the link but not buying anymore "trend jewelry" 3/4 of my jewelry is up for sale only keeping the good stuff

Used to buy it, wear for a few months then into a drawer,

Respected Contributor

I just bought a 14K one and I love it, it's really comfortable and sparkles!  Mine is 14 grams.  Great price a couple weeks ago from Macy's.

I'll have to look I was thinking about putting a gem stone clip on pendant.

Respected Contributor

There is a difference between a stylish trend and going overboard with the same thing again and again.

I bought a well-priced gold paperclip chain from HSN (Dieci) earlier this year--it is only 10 karat gold but it is strong, very attractive, comfortable, and goes with everything.

I then went back and bought dainty sterling silver paperclip necklaces for all my nieces.

Now I see paperclips everywhere at all prices!  

One is enough for me, but some of the designs are very pretty.