Esteemed Contributor

QVC buyers go all the way to Italy --- and they bring back JUNK!!!!!!!!! These shows were painful to watch - knowing that QVC is like a carnival barker.

Contributor
They use the term ""fresh from the fair"" as a way to determine the interest in the item so they don't overproduce and end up with a large inventory that they will later have to discount. It is called a ""dry test"" -- testing the waters before they commit to produce a large quantity. Of course they anticipate a certain percentage of orders will be cancelled before shipment - but is still less risky than holding a large inventory. It has nothing to do with the product being ""fresh"" or so new that they didn't have time to make it. They make a couple samples and wait & see the response - then the order an appropriate number. It's all business strategy combined with some creative marketing lingo. Nothing wrong with it. I'm a marketing person so I actually smile every time I hear them say it.
Honored Contributor

That whole 'fresh from the fair' buzz phrase has grown, well, pretty stale...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Change the channel like I do...BTW wagirl, that was "a dollar a day"..lets add the "mine is closed" to this list....Happy Heart day

Honored Contributor
Fresh from the fair is a selling technique. It doesn't do anything for me. I don't like to pre-order and wait months for a item. Whenever I've done that, I've always canceled the order.
Super Contributor

It's funnel cake and hand-cut fries for me!

As for the jewelry, I don't want to select something today and have to wait until June to receive it. I don't think it's very "fresh" after 4 months.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/13/2015 CalmInTheHeart said:

I have a friend from Italy who cracks up about 'fresh from the fair' as well as bronzo and resin. She can't believe the dribble that Q touts and said bronzo and resin are worn only as cheap costume there.

I have relatives in Italy and went to visit them this past September. They also feel that bronzo and gold over resin are only worn as cheap costume jewelry there. In Italy the gold standard is 18K. The jewelry stores carry gorgeous 18k gold pieces at reasonable prices... not the same old same old styles sold by the Q. You cannot even purchase 14k gold there. The Italians only make 14k gold to export.