Valued Contributor
On 1/18/2015 tobes said:

I can only speak for the bangles and I believe they are pretty light to begin with. The bangle I have in the parts where the gold is flaking off shows something like a dual track that is covered by a light covering of gold to begin with.

That's strange, they have stated many times over the years that Eternagold is solid all the way through. Does your piece have EG 14K engraved on it?

Valued Contributor
On 1/18/2015 tobes said:

I have two bangles that are damaged - one has "slider" that has come apart;and the other has pieces of gold flaking off. I am going to send them back even though I purchased them some time ago - I don' understand the "abuse" connotation; the guy banged the bangle on the table and told us that Mary Beth ran over one with her car with no damage to the bracelet. Sort of a promise that the bracelet was invincible which apparently mine are not.

Mary Beth's earrings were destroyed by her car, and they replaced them. They state that they are dent resistant, not indestructible.

Valued Contributor
On 1/17/2015 Beachkitty said: Wanting to see if anyone knows how EG's warranty works or has used it. I have a bracelet that I purchased from the Q many years ago. Yesterday while at work, I bumped the corner of a display and now have a 'dent' in the bracelet. Do you think this would be considered 'abuse' as the warranty specifically excludes 'abuse'. Should I send it to them to see if it can be repaired? Thoughts? Thank you!

A bump on the corner of a display would be considered normal use, not abuse. Abuse would be for example, running over it, or pounding with a hammer, lol, if you were trying to damage intentionally.