Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I saw a commercial for these earring backs.  Looks like they work, but they are huge!

I'd like to give those Honora earring backs a try.  

@faeriemoon  If you contact Honora, they may be able to sell you the smile backs or direct you to a site w/ similar ones.

Honored Contributor

Re: Earring Back Lifters

[ Edited ]

I've seen this earring back lifters commercial. I've had my ears pierced since 1972 (I pierced mine myself day after my hs graduation), and have always made a point to never wear heavy earrings. Thats what pulls your earring holes down therefore now needing these type of backs for earrings. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Re: Earring Back Lifters

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

I've seen this earring back lifters commercial. I've had my ears pierced since 1972 (I pierced mine myself day after my hs graduation), and have always made a point to never wear heavy earrings. Thats what pulls your earring holes down therefore now needing these type of backs for earrings. 

My piercings used to be stretched out pretty badly from all the heavy earrings in the '80s. I went to a dermatologist and had them laser treated to shrink the holes and make them back to what they were before. I've been thrilled with this, but even with my rejuvenated piercings, some of my studs still fall forward so I have to use the bigger, weighted backs to lift them up. Hole size doesn't appear be be the problem with me anyway. It's the larger studs that fall forward on me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

My piercings used to be stretched out pretty badly from all the heavy earrings in the '80s. I went to a dermatologist and had them laser treated to shrink the holes and make them back to what they were before. I've been thrilled with this, but even with my rejuvenated piercings, some of my studs still fall forward so I have to use the bigger, weighted backs to lift them up. Hole size doesn't appear be be the problem with me anyway. It's the larger studs that fall forward on me.

@SilleeMee,They can lazer treat to shrink the holes?  Is it expensive?  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

Yes, laser treatments to shrink the ear piercings, exactly that. I had it done the same time I had some other laser treatments on my face. The derm lasered my lobes three or four times, I think it was, and after each time my holes got smaller and smaller until they were nearly closed. I can't tell you how much that portion of the laser treatments cost, but I know it's in the hundreds and the price varies depending on what part of the country you get the treatments.