Honored Contributor

I don't dress for other people.  I dress for me!  It makes me feel good to dress with color.

I never leave the house without dressing up!  Well, not some people's version of dressing up, just like if you worked in a nice office.

Today in Va it was cloudy with rain.  I put on the purple outfit of Isaac's, jewelry all matched and met my daughter (oldest daughter) for lunch.  She'd invited me.  

It was a wonderful day spending time with someone I just adore.  She knows she can complain, confide and it goes no further.  I always am on her side, she knows I care.

She needed to talk and I just needed to get a hug and tell her I believe in her and it'll be OK...  It made what could have been a down rainy day, much better.

But I don't think either of us would have been UP if we'd dressed in black (just my opinion).  She's not flashy and showy like me, but she likes that I am (she tells me that).

When her Daddy died I didn't want to add to my girl's sadness by having them think I was a downer.  

Dressing nice (with jewelry and all) is my way of telling my girls and the world....(as Mary Tyler Moore would say, "I'm gonna make it after all".  Heh! Heh!

Here's one of my motto's, "Today GOD has given me 24 hours to use as I wish...When the day is done...I hope I haven't regretted the price I paid for it".

Here's another I just recently heard ,"Service is the rent we pay to live on this earth".  I like that one too.

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear,

Yes you could even say  that I accessorize a lot particularly when I am under the weather🌻more is more jewelry, scarfs, barrettes, gloves, sun glasses, nice stokings, cool shoes, bags with pompones or a scarf...and the list goes on

Valued Contributor

Everyday. I have my mom's collection of vintage costume jewelry, real gems and gold, scarves (many from Paris) and evening clutches that I sometimes work with.  I wear the dainty layered with stronger pieces and statement jewelry, including some her cocktails rings ( with real gemstones).  I also have pieces from my Dad that I incorporate: his signet ring,a scarab ring, antique wrist watches (super cool), a silver ring bought in India when they went, SIlk ties, I will sometimes wear as belts in the summer. Heck, I even have a vintage beret from France and a silk smoking jacket from London (uber cool with jeans). LOL.

Of course I have my own collection of belts, purses, jewelry and other accessories, so, if you need to borrow something, I probably have something that will work for you! LOL!!

My current obsession tho' is with CatbirdNYC stacking rings and their midi (knuckle rings) . Beyond cool.