Honored Contributor

DIAMONIQUE HOOPS THAT MATCHED TSV

I received my 1" Platinum clad Diamonique hoops that matched the TSV bracelet. 

They are awful and very fake looking. The "clad" is way too shiny to mimic real platinum. I held it against my real hoops set in platinum (about 1/2") and an older Diamonique platinum clad ring. Both did  not have that shiny, lacquered finish.

They're definitely going back. What's up with these inferior pieces? I've been reading about the difficulty with the TSV bracelets, too.

Frequent Contributor

Re: DIAMONIQUE HOOPS THAT MATCHED TSV

Are you talking about these? http://www.qvc.com/Diamonique-1%22-Inside-Out-Hoop-Earrings%2C-Sterling.product.J351246.html?sc=SRCH The description says sterling silver, but doesn't say anything about platinum clad. I ordered the 1.75 inch ones and am still waiting to receive them.

Honored Contributor

@QsMom wrote:

Are you talking about these? http://www.qvc.com/Diamonique-1%22-Inside-Out-Hoop-Earrings%2C-Sterling.product.J351246.html?sc=SRCH The description says sterling silver, but doesn't say anything about platinum clad. I ordered the 1.75 inch ones and am still waiting to receive them.

@QsMom  Yes, those are the earrings. I could swear that some time in the many presentations, it was said platinum clad to "match" TSV bracelet. Either way, returning them.

Thanks for reply. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry you didn't like them.

I purchased the bracelet and the matching stud earrings, I love both!

I will wear them every day.

I love the 100 facets, I'm considering sending back my Asscher cut ring, no comparison.

You are more of a jewelry expert than I am, but I always thought that platinum was not as shiny as a high polished sterling piece but  my platinum clad bracelet out-shines my sterling tennis bracelet.

@Shanus

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Sorry you didn't like them.

I purchased the bracelet and the matching stud earrings, I love both!

I will wear them every day.

I love the 100 facets, I'm considering sending back my Asscher cut ring, no comparison.

You are more of a jewelry expert than I am, but I always thought that platinum was not as shiny as a high polished sterling piece but  my platinum clad bracelet out-shines my sterling tennis bracelet.

@Shanus

@software  You're correct. Platinum should be more grey and not as shiny as silver. That's the reason it's used most often on good quality diamonds since there's no high shine finish to compete w/ the stone. 

The platinum clad they're using now appears more like silver than platinum. That's why my hoops are going back. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus, did you think those earrings were Epiphany?  Those are sterling silver and probably rhodium plated, which is a member of the platinum family, but they aren't platinum plated like the epiphany is. 

Occasional Contributor

When Qvc first offered platinum clad, it was called Epiphany (as I'm sure you remember). Imho, it was a much higher quality and lasted much longer than what is offered now.  I still have the first wedding set that was offered and it still looks perfect, even after  wearing it while swimming in a chlorinated pool, twice a week, for years. Much newer pieces discolor and the "cladding" wears away very quickly if I wear them swimming.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Shanus, did you think those earrings were Epiphany?  Those are sterling silver and probably rhodium plated, which is a member of the platinum family, but they aren't platinum plated like the epiphany is. 

@Lipstickdiva  Epiphany no longer exists unless some very old pieces online. Epiphany was platinum clad, but I think the name was confusing to some. 

Epiphany and the TSV were sterling silver clad w/ platinum...no rhodium involved. 

Honored Contributor

@PiperCub wrote:

When Qvc first offered platinum clad, it was called Epiphany (as I'm sure you remember). Imho, it was a much higher quality and lasted much longer than what is offered now.  I still have the first wedding set that was offered and it still looks perfect, even after  wearing it while swimming in a chlorinated pool, twice a week, for years. Much newer pieces discolor and the "cladding" wears away very quickly if I wear them swimming.

@PiperCub  ITA. The platinum plating they're using now is inferior to the original. Price is everything.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  Epiphany no longer exists unless some very old pieces online. Epiphany was platinum clad, but I think the name was confusing to some. 

Epiphany and the TSV were sterling silver clad w/ platinum...no rhodium involved. 

@Shanus, I didn't realize QVC got rid of the moniker "epiphany" and just went to calling something platinim clad. 

I know the TSV bracelet was platinum clad but the earrings are listed as sterling and say nothing about being platinum clad.  Most sterling is rhodium plated.  I wonder if someone misspoke during a presentation and said they were platinum clad instead of rhodium plated?