Honored Contributor

Re: DIAMONIQUE HOOPS THAT MATCHED TSV

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Shanus, did you think those earrings were Epiphany?  Those are sterling silver and probably rhodium plated, which is a member of the platinum family, but they aren't platinum plated like the epiphany is. 

@Lipstickdiva  Epiphany no longer exists unless some very old pieces online. Epiphany was platinum clad, but I think the name was confusing to some. 

Epiphany and the TSV were sterling silver clad w/ platinum...no rhodium involved. 

@Shanus, I didn't realize QVC got rid of the moniker "epiphany" and just went to calling something platinim clad. 

I know the TSV bracelet was platinum clad but the earrings are listed as sterling and say nothing about being platinum clad.  Most sterling is rhodium plated.  I wonder if someone misspoke during a presentation and said they were platinum clad instead of rhodium plated?    

@Lipstickdiva  Yes. I distinctly heard "platinum clad". Not all silver is rhodium plated...that's why it needs to be polished. Tiffany and other expensive silver jewelry is coated w/ rhodium so it stays bright & shines w/o polishing regularly. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@software wrote:

Sorry you didn't like them.

I purchased the bracelet and the matching stud earrings, I love both!

I will wear them every day.

I love the 100 facets, I'm considering sending back my Asscher cut ring, no comparison.

You are more of a jewelry expert than I am, but I always thought that platinum was not as shiny as a high polished sterling piece but  my platinum clad bracelet out-shines my sterling tennis bracelet.

@Shanus

@software  You're correct. Platinum should be more grey and not as shiny as silver. That's the reason it's used most often on good quality diamonds since there's no high shine finish to compete w/ the stone. 

The platinum clad they're using now appears more like silver than platinum. That's why my hoops are going back. 

I did a quick search, such as it is, and I did not find hoops exactly matching the TSV, unless you are talking about the split shank hoops with the "captured" DMQ stone.

I could not find any hoops with the 100 facet stones in platinum clad.

There are a couple of DMQ eternity type hoops in platinum clad, but they are not the 100 facet.

Again, a host not knowing what they are talking about.   I would have purchased hoops in platinum clad and 100 facet stones, but instead I purchased the stud, which I love.

Send them back, there's plenty more pretty things to choose from, rather than to keep something you don't like.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@software wrote:

I love the 100 facets, I'm considering sending back my Asscher cut ring, no comparison.

You are more of a jewelry expert than I am, but I always thought that platinum was not as shiny as a high polished sterling piece but  my platinum clad bracelet out-shines my sterling tennis bracelet.

@Shanus

@software  You're correct. Platinum should be more grey and not as shiny as silver. That's the reason it's used most often on good quality diamonds since there's no high shine finish to compete w/ the stone. 

The platinum clad they're using now appears more like silver than platinum. That's why my hoops are going back. 

I did a quick search, such as it is, and I did not find hoops exactly matching the TSV, unless you are talking about the split shank hoops with the "captured" DMQ stone.

There are a couple of DMQ eternity type hoops in platinum clad, but they are not the 100 facet.

Again, a host not knowing what they are talking about.   I would have purchased hoops in platinum clad and 100 facet stones, but instead I purchased the stud, which I love.

Send them back, there's plenty more pretty things to choose from, rather than to keep something you don't like.

@software  Appreciate your time to search. Called CS & explained the misinformation given on air re: the eternity hoops in 3 sizes....supposedly a match to the TSV. She agreed it is misleading & told me to return them & marked my acct. no return shipping charge. So end of saga. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shanus

@software  Appreciate your time to search. Called CS & explained the misinformation given on air re: the eternity hoops in 3 sizes....supposedly a match to the TSV. She agreed it is misleading & told me to return them & marked my acct. no return shipping charge. So end of saga. 

I like a happy ending, and I was looking as much for myself as for you!

Respected Contributor

I find the older Epiphany Platinum pieces I want over on ebay. They were far superior to the new items. Check the earrings there for the platinum pieces.