Esteemed Contributor

Re: DIAMONIQUE AMY'S RING/EARRINGS, TOO?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I tried JTV's lab created blue spinel, and they looked like Swiss blue topaz. They're more spot on with their lab created tanzanite.

I got Amy's sapphire ring. It looks more like a tanzanite. It has plenty of fire and looks like comparably large sapphires, but the kind in a museum.  It's just a fun ring; I don't expect it to simulate perfectly a natural blue sapphire of that size.

IMO the best of these Big Deal rings is the canary. This one looks fantastic. If you've seen a high quality yellow diamond, it's close.

I've never seen lab created Tanzanite on JTV or anywhere else for that matter.

Type in lab created tanzanite in their search bar, see the Bella Luce items, then click on stone attributes. Nothing new.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I tried JTV's lab created blue spinel, and they looked like Swiss blue topaz. They're more spot on with their lab created tanzanite.

I got Amy's sapphire ring. It looks more like a tanzanite. It has plenty of fire and looks like comparably large sapphires, but the kind in a museum.  It's just a fun ring; I don't expect it to simulate perfectly a natural blue sapphire of that size.

IMO the best of these Big Deal rings is the canary. This one looks fantastic. If you've seen a high quality yellow diamond, it's close.

Type in lab created tanzanite in their search bar, see the Bella Luce items, then click on stone attributes. Nothing new.

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

It says the stones are cz.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd love to see some stud earrings as well in the "Amy line". I've ordered 2 of the eternity bands and 2 of the rings (canary and black) and I'm pleased with all of them, especially the eternity bands. My favorite band is the clear stones in SS....total sparkle.

Esteemed Contributor

The reality is, there are made by nature stones and made by man--whether lab created or simulated. Lab created stones may have the same properties as natural stones, but they don't touch Mother Nature's handiwork. They invariably have a lack of dispersion and brilliancy...unless the lapidary brings those qualities to the fore.

An exceptional cutter can make a lesser stone more visually compelling than a better stone in the hands of a less accomplished person or machine programmed to facet stones, natural or otherwise.

Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I don't see any reviews on Amy's ring. Am I doing something wrong or Q not want us to see them 

Likewise. That is until a smart poster on here pointed out that if you want to see the reviews, go through the QVC app. Which I did, and the reviews are on there. Mixed reviews on most of the rings except the canary.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

They are about the Tanzanites.  Dark and towards the blue, just ike the costly ones.  Really beautiful. and they have the red flash, a sign of a very, very expensive one.