Honored Contributor

Checkerboard pattern diamond and gem studs?

I am looking for a pair of stud earrings, in diamond and sapphire checkerboard pattern.  The ones I lost were small, round and set in 14 kt.  Slightly domed shape--

Have you seen anything like this?  I miss them!  Maybe something similar in other gemstones?

Just thought some jewelry lover out there might have seen some!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Checkerboard pattern diamond and gem studs?

Did you try googling checkerboard diamond earrings?

It's a start.....

Respected Contributor

@Sooner     If you were in Philadelphia, you and a friend would go to the Diamond District about 10:00 am, wander in and out of stores, stop for a nice lunch, and then do more stores before heading home. It would be a fun day, and I'm sure you'd have something you like within a week. So many stores, each with its own specialty. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@Sooner     If you were in Philadelphia, you and a friend would go to the Diamond District about 10:00 am, wander in and out of stores, stop for a nice lunch, and then do more stores before heading home. It would be a fun day, and I'm sure you'd have something you like within a week. So many stores, each with its own specialty. 

@PickyPicky3 She might have to carry a little portable defibrillator.  You know.  Just in case. . . Calling 911 is such a hassle.  Woman Embarassed  That would be a dream day for me!!!!  

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to figure out how you get all that checker boarding on a little itty-bitty stud?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Sooner      I'm sorry to hear that. I was just letting people know this old way of jewelery shopping still exists -- going from small family-owned store to store. Where everyone you deal with is knowledgeable and knows someone to call to get you just what you want.

And yet, over the years many people have told me they prefer TV shopping because they have more confidence they're actually getting what they paid for.

In any case, I hope you can quickly replace the earrings you lost. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner Item number? Brand? Original airdate? Host or guest when it was presented?

Honored Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@Sooner Item number? Brand? Original airdate? Host or guest when it was presented?

@banned again No, I saw them in a jewlery store a long time ago.  Went back to buy them and they were just sold out.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  Is this generally the style you mean (maybe without the gold frame), not checkerboard cut gems?  Have you looked on Ebay?  Or searched online, possibly so you can take a photo of a style you like to a jeweler?

Honored Contributor

@decaf Thanks for the picture!  There are beautiful.

The ones I saw were round studs, slightly domed, and the stones were round, set in squares--small stones.  I have looked on e-bay and at jewelry stores, never seen them! 

I guess they were a sort of trademark of that store.