Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 - Carolyn posted this announcement on her blog last week to clarify the new directions of her jewelry lines; the process has been in the works for awhile:

Dear Friends,

Over the past several years we have created a wonderful community of jewelry lovers together. I will always cherish our friendship and all of the memories from our gatherings across the country. I am especially touched by the close relationships you have built among our Carolyn Pollack Jewelry community.

Bill and I, along with our Leadership Team, have decided to return to our roots, and to focus on our American West Jewelry brand. Living and working in the beautiful Southwest is very inspiring and fulfilling, keeping our dedicated Design, Production and Marketing Teams busy and proud of what we create here in America.

Now is the time to complete your Carolyn Pollack collection as sizes are VERY limited! Going forward, we will be featuring select Carolyn Pollack Limited Edition styles on our American West Jewelry website. This will happen sometime in March. I will also be offering select Carolyn Pollack styles within our American West brand on QVC under the name American West x Carolyn Pollack. This will begin in February. I hope you’ll join me on QVC. We will keep you updated on show times through our emails.

As we enter into this next chapter in our jewelry journey, I look forward to creating many new memories together. Please know that we will remain here for you, and we stand by all of our jewelry.

With Love,
Carolyn Pollack

*And here's a link to the full blog announcement; I removed all the links above since QVC sometimes deletes posts that link to websites where you can purchase items similar to what they sell: https://carolynpollackjewelry.com/blog/an-announcement-from-carolyn/

Honored Contributor

thought she was giving it all  up, now, I'm confused.

Esteemed Contributor

There is something going on with her as others stated, I noticed the last year or so she was starting to have an unhealthy look to her.   I mean you can tell when someone isn't well.  I wish her the best but I wonder with the changes happening with her lines if she will just end up selling her jewelry line and calling it a day.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc  I've seen this. Nonetheless, there a two or three items labeled as "new" with only the Carolyn Pollack label. One is a rhodolite bypass ring. Either QVC mislabeled these few items or. They were pulled out of a back drawer, as it were, to sell.

the announcement sounds l somewhat like musical chairs with branding. At least she's communicating with fans of her work.

Valued Contributor

I've been a fan of Carolyn and her work and AW for many years. I know sick when I see it. I went through a horrible spell last year with a massive heart attack, three stents, fluid on my lungs that needed four Thoracentesis procedures, then emergency abdominal surgery for twisted intestines which resulted in removing over 12" of intestines. I was in the hospital for a month,had only IVs for I couldn't keep anything down and I could not walk for over a month when I got home. My husband nursed me back to health. All that said to tell you all I went through between Feb 14 2021 and current and I looked pale, frail, my hair fell out in clumps and more. Do I look and feel much better now that I can eat, Cardiac Rehab etc. but Carolyn looks like she is either still quite or slowly recovering from something. I pray for her full and speedy recovery and wish her nothing but success and happiness. May all who are feeling unwell be blessed and be safe. 

Super Contributor

Re: Carolyn Pollack

[ Edited ]

She looks different but she was sparkling and enthusiastic in her replies.  I like her.

Carolyn.jpg

Contributor

She doesn't necessarily have to be ill, to me she looks like she just lost weight and maybe had some work done around the mouth. She carried a little extra weight and maybe she's one of those women that wanted to look and be thin again and went a little too far. Women don't realize as we age and lose weight we end up looking worse than we initially thought we did. I wouldn't speculate on someone's Health unless I knew for sure, I wouldn't want people putting it out there that I look seriously ill.

Super Contributor

I admit I haven't watched CP (or other jewelry shows) for several years ... once I retired, my jewelry buying stopped.

Since many people have said CP hasn't looked well for a year or so, I'm wondering if its just weight loss combined with not being in the studio since COVID restrictions have forced most vendors to do remote visits. Studio lights and professional makeup/hair people can make a big difference in a person's appearance.