hi I saw you on with diamonique jewlry today.  I have a cross from them and the chain broke and nobody wants to fix it. I took it to zales jewlry store and they said it couldn't

be fixed.  Here is the number of J351242. Does the guarantee work for the chains well as the cross? please advise I just have the piece no paper work

Honored Contributor

When you post to a specific person, you need to name that person.  I assume you mean the Diamonique hosts.  They don't participate in these boards so won't respond to your message.  You need to contact QVC customer service.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Find an independent jeweler....small business...in your area.  I finally found one here and I take repairs to him.  Don't take repairs to chain type jewelry stores.  They aren't interested in repairs unless it's their own jewelry and will charge you more than an independent.

Honored Contributor

It's not good to repair those small pendant chains because they will usually break again in the same spot and then you could lose your precious pendant. You'd be better off buying another stronger chain, for example a box or snake chain. These are much stronger and are less likely to break.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeartwrote:

Find an independent jeweler....small business...in your area.  I finally found one here and I take repairs to him.  Don't take repairs to chain type jewelry stores.  They aren't interested in repairs unless it's their own jewelry and will charge you more than an independent.

@CalminHeart  The reason lg. jewelry stores don’t like to do repairs? They’d prefer to sell you a new chain. They hike up the cost of repairs so high, it’d be less to purchase a new one from them.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

It's not good to repair those small pendant chains because they will usually break again in the same spot and then you could lose your precious pendant. You'd be better off buying another stronger chain, for example a box or snake chain. These are much stronger and are less likely to break.

@SilleeMee  ITA. Most chains included w/ a pendant are not heavy enough. They are purchased on a roll of thousands of feet and cut to length & spring rings added. You’re supposed to put the pendant on a heavier chain.

Posted w/ someone the other day, that we wish they’d leave the chain out. Adds to the cost and not useful.

Regular Contributor

I call these thin chains "throw-away chains".  I really don't throw them away -- I put them on my dolls or on mini dress forms to display other charms or pendants. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

You could trade the gold value at lawn shop or independent towards the cost of a sturdier chain.

Trusted Contributor

I so agree with Shanus--the chains that usually accompany a pendant are totally useless.  I'd rather just have the pendant without the cheesy little chain and save the $2 it probably cost to include it.

Since the inclusion of cheap little chains is such a common practice, I'm surprised that anyone expects them to hold up.  I've read many reviews on other jewelry sites where the buyer returned the pendant because the chain was sub-par.  Really?  Don't you buy a pendant because you like it?  The chain is incidental to the pendant!  I throw them in my scrap gold bag.