Honored Contributor

Re: Best Return Shipping Method?

This return/refund is a big reason I prefer not to shop Q unless I’m fairly sure I’m keeping the item.

Especially times when I’ve placed order and a half hour later been unable to cancel (makes me fume), I wrote “return to sender” on the package after letting CS they were getting it back that way because no item should be not able to be cancelled when it sits for so long w/o being shipped. That’s a racket.

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

Hi guys, Got a question..I now have to send back a ring that I purchased from the Q on 11/05/18. Just received it yesterday. This ring was NO WHERE NEAR what it was advertised to be.. You can see my posts regarding this on the Customer Care forum.. I have 2 options.. I can use the return label that QVC sent or I can do my own shipping.  I was told by a QVC rep to use the QVC return label but after reading so many comments on the forums about it taking weeks to get back packages returned back to QVC via their label, I am not willing to wait that long for a refund of almost $800.00!! This is not including the time it will take them to process the refund. I am so sick about the whole ordeal. I am now out the money for the item and have to deal with sending it back and hoping to be refunded in a timely manner. With it being so close to the holidays, which option should I do? Should I bite the bullet and just return it back to the Q using Priority Mail? Would that make any difference in the time of processing the return or only on the actual return of the item? Need advice here.. Thanks in advance!

If it's at all expensive, you can send it one of 3 ways:

1.  prepaid return label.  I never use it as other USPS options are cheaper and faster for smaller items.  Tracking is nearly impossible with this label.

2.  1st class package.  This is first class but comes with tracking.  You can set up options at usps.com so you're notified of its progress and when it's delivered.

3.  priority mail.  This offers an automatic up-to-$50 in insurance.  It's usually faster than 1st class and comes with tracking.  You can set up options at usps.com so you're notified of its progress and when it's delivered.

Tracking is NEVER impossible with prepaid labels.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoodeeFan wrote:

@TTerri wrote:

@MoodeeFan wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

Hi guys, Got a question..I now have to send back a ring that I purchased from the Q on 11/05/18. Just received it yesterday. This ring was NO WHERE NEAR what it was advertised to be.. You can see my posts regarding this on the Customer Care forum.. I have 2 options.. I can use the return label that QVC sent or I can do my own shipping.  I was told by a QVC rep to use the QVC return label but after reading so many comments on the forums about it taking weeks to get back packages returned back to QVC via their label, I am not willing to wait that long for a refund of almost $800.00!! This is not including the time it will take them to process the refund. I am so sick about the whole ordeal. I am now out the money for the item and have to deal with sending it back and hoping to be refunded in a timely manner. With it being so close to the holidays, which option should I do? Should I bite the bullet and just return it back to the Q using Priority Mail? Would that make any difference in the time of processing the return or only on the actual return of the item? Need advice here.. Thanks in advance!

If you look at the Q return label you will see that it is for a company called 

NEWGISTICS.  There is just one day a week that the "agent" picks up from the local PO.  I figured out the day for my PO (Tuesdays) and so I drop off items (using the Q return label) on Saturdays or Mondays. And yes, it takes longer to get the item back to QVC.

Also, if you use the Q return label, that tracking number only works at the NEWGISTICS tracking web site.  I think insurance is included with the Q return label, but call CS to confirm that.

If YOU pay the postage do insure it for the proper value, better to be safe than sorry!

Hope that helps!

The information on the back of the invoice clearly states that those prepaid Smartlabels include insurance and they tell you not to purchase additional insurance.

Once your Smartlabel package is at the post office and has been "picked up by agent", you track your return here: http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/. Until then, you track it through USPS.com. You can even sign up for text or email updates until it's picked up from there.

If you click on your link you will see that it is the NEWGISTICS tracking.  USPS doesn't  have tracking for this tracking number on the smart label, most likely because the package sits until the agent picks it up... however long that takes! Smiley Wink

Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about. I explained very well how to track a prepaid Smartlabel package. YES, USPS does have tracking for that tracking number. It's a USPS package before it gets in the hands of Newgistics. I've never had a package "sit" at the post office for longer than two or three business days.

Respected Contributor

The QVC prepaid takes way too long.  I send mine back from Illinois USPS Priority.  My package gets there in two days and about a week later my refund is issued. 

Frequent Contributor

@culebra wrote:

The QVC prepaid takes way too long.  I send mine back from Illinois USPS Priority.  My package gets there in two days and about a week later my refund is issued. 

I totally agree! I sent mine back using USPS Priority and it was delivered to them on the 24th. Got my refund today on the 28th. You cannot beat that! Thanks QVC!!

Had I chose the other route and used their return label with Newgistics..I would still be waiting on it to arrive back to QVC!!

P.S. I will also say that I also added the "return on your own label" on the outside of my package underneath my Priority Mail Label so that QVC could scan it when it arrived because it has the order/invoice number on it. 

Frequent Contributor

I just sent a return First Class and did not use their label.

The package has been sitting and awaiting delivery scan for THREE days now.

I called USPS to get some clarification (waited on hold for nearly 2 hours) and they said that QVC returns do not get picked up and signed for every day. It can be once every few days. This is what appears to be happening. Just surreal. I return things by mail to various merchants, and they do not hoard returns like this. It gets processed when it is delivered to them.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia  I agree with your comments and ALWAYS use the Q label.  It's much more efficient as both the customer and the Q can track the progress of the package, and the Q knows the package is on its way BACK.   Insurance is included and that's a big plus.

Honored Contributor

The priority here is speed of return processing, not getting the cheapest way to return.  With 800.00 outstanding I'd be in a hurry, too.  And of course buy insurance.  It just isn't worth the risk.

Honored Contributor

@AngelWhispers wrote:

I decided to just use USPS Priroity Mail to ship it back so that I can track it and it wont take weeks to get back to them..Smiley Wink

For jewelry, I always use priority mail too.  The basic cost is less than Q's label plus you get free tracking and it gets there in 2-3 days.  It comes with $50 insurance though more can be purchased.

Q's label is parcel post which is the slowest and cheapest mail option.  It often relies on independent companies to pick up and move mail from one location to another.