Honored Contributor

Re: Best Return Shipping Method?

I always use the prepaid label.  I'm in the northeast (currently waiting for the snowstorm to hit) and I returned an item on the 5th.  It was delivered to North Carolina on the 8th and I had my refund a day or so later.  So I guess it depends on the service wherever you are.

With something like an $800 ring, I'd absolutely use the Q's label and get a receipt, when I handed it over to the post office.  That way it's insured once it's scanned in.  I've never had any trouble tracking my items either.

Everyone seems to have had different experiences.

Frequent Contributor

I decided to just use USPS Priroity Mail to ship it back so that I can track it and it wont take weeks to get back to them..Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

Hi guys, Got a question..I now have to send back a ring that I purchased from the Q on 11/05/18. Just received it yesterday. This ring was NO WHERE NEAR what it was advertised to be.. You can see my posts regarding this on the Customer Care forum.. I have 2 options.. I can use the return label that QVC sent or I can do my own shipping.  I was told by a QVC rep to use the QVC return label but after reading so many comments on the forums about it taking weeks to get back packages returned back to QVC via their label, I am not willing to wait that long for a refund of almost $800.00!! This is not including the time it will take them to process the refund. I am so sick about the whole ordeal. I am now out the money for the item and have to deal with sending it back and hoping to be refunded in a timely manner. With it being so close to the holidays, which option should I do? Should I bite the bullet and just return it back to the Q using Priority Mail? Would that make any difference in the time of processing the return or only on the actual return of the item? Need advice here.. Thanks in advance!

however for an item close to 1K I might send it back priority where I could track it. 

The prepaid labels have tracking and insurance on them.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoodeeFan wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

Hi guys, Got a question..I now have to send back a ring that I purchased from the Q on 11/05/18. Just received it yesterday. This ring was NO WHERE NEAR what it was advertised to be.. You can see my posts regarding this on the Customer Care forum.. I have 2 options.. I can use the return label that QVC sent or I can do my own shipping.  I was told by a QVC rep to use the QVC return label but after reading so many comments on the forums about it taking weeks to get back packages returned back to QVC via their label, I am not willing to wait that long for a refund of almost $800.00!! This is not including the time it will take them to process the refund. I am so sick about the whole ordeal. I am now out the money for the item and have to deal with sending it back and hoping to be refunded in a timely manner. With it being so close to the holidays, which option should I do? Should I bite the bullet and just return it back to the Q using Priority Mail? Would that make any difference in the time of processing the return or only on the actual return of the item? Need advice here.. Thanks in advance!

If you look at the Q return label you will see that it is for a company called 

NEWGISTICS.  There is just one day a week that the "agent" picks up from the local PO.  I figured out the day for my PO (Tuesdays) and so I drop off items (using the Q return label) on Saturdays or Mondays. And yes, it takes longer to get the item back to QVC.

Also, if you use the Q return label, that tracking number only works at the NEWGISTICS tracking web site.  I think insurance is included with the Q return label, but call CS to confirm that.

If YOU pay the postage do insure it for the proper value, better to be safe than sorry!

Hope that helps!

The information on the back of the invoice clearly states that those prepaid Smartlabels include insurance and they tell you not to purchase additional insurance.

Once your Smartlabel package is at the post office and has been "picked up by agent", you track your return here: http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/. Until then, you track it through USPS.com. You can even sign up for text or email updates until it's picked up from there.

Super Contributor

@AngelWhispers wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I check with the post office and a lot of the time I send it back on my dime, especially smaller packages like jewelry.  They get there much faster.  I returned a pair of shoes recently and it too two weeks for it to appear on my account.  I did use their return label and every time I checked online, QVC system kept telling me it was at the processing center for pickup. 

Yikes, that is what I am afraid of.. I will probably just send it back via Priority Mail.. On My dime just to be safe.. Anyone know how long the processing of returns is at the moment?

It's much cheaper for you to use the prepaid label because of the expensive insurance you'll have to purchase and you can even schedule a free USPS pick-up online if you don't want to take it to the post office.

Honored Contributor

At least with the prepaid labels, once it's scanned in at the post office, the Q knows it's on its way back.  I've always gotten an email the same or next day saying "Your return is on its way!"

Paying on your own dime, they don't know till it gets there, but everyone has to decide for herself.  With an expensive item of jewelry, the insurance would be high and I'd never return something without the right amount of insurance.  The basic insurance included with priority is only $50.

Honored Contributor

I slap the return lable on it, put in in the mailbox or simply drop off at the P.O. (never stand in line, just put it on the counter where they see it) and be done with it.  I haven't had any issues so far.  

Often I can't mail it as cheap as the lable and I hate standing in line at the PO! 

Honored Contributor

@AngelWhispers wrote:

If it's at all expensive, you can send it one of 3 ways:

1.  prepaid return label.  I never use it as other USPS options are cheaper and faster for smaller items.  Tracking is nearly impossible with this label.

2.  1st class package.  This is first class but comes with tracking.  You can set up options at usps.com so you're notified of its progress and when it's delivered.

3.  priority mail.  This offers an automatic up-to-$50 in insurance.  It's usually faster than 1st class and comes with tracking.  You can set up options at usps.com so you're notified of its progress and when it's delivered.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I chose to use USPS Priority Mail which cost me $7.05 vs the QVC label which takes weeks to get back to QVC and costs $6.95..

As for insurance,  since this is a valuable item I will be insuring it with my third party insurance company at a fraction of what USPS charges.

Priority Mail automatically includes $50.00 worth of insurance so I will purchase the balance of the value with my third party insurance co. Smiley Wink

Regular Contributor

@TTerri wrote:

@MoodeeFan wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

If you look at the Q return label you will see that it is for a company called 

NEWGISTICS.  There is just one day a week that the "agent" picks up from the local PO.  I figured out the day for my PO (Tuesdays) and so I drop off items (using the Q return label) on Saturdays or Mondays. And yes, it takes longer to get the item back to QVC.

Also, if you use the Q return label, that tracking number only works at the NEWGISTICS tracking web site.  I think insurance is included with the Q return label, but call CS to confirm that.

If YOU pay the postage do insure it for the proper value, better to be safe than sorry!

Hope that helps!

The information on the back of the invoice clearly states that those prepaid Smartlabels include insurance and they tell you not to purchase additional insurance.

Once your Smartlabel package is at the post office and has been "picked up by agent", you track your return here: http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/. Until then, you track it through USPS.com. You can even sign up for text or email updates until it's picked up from there.

If you click on your link you will see that it is the NEWGISTICS tracking.  USPS doesn't  have tracking for this tracking number on the smart label, most likely because the package sits until the agent picks it up... however long that takes! Smiley Wink