Valued Contributor

Re: BORING DAY - QVC, don't blame us

I don't like the crystals either, nor the bulky bracelets that are probably resin filled, but I enjoyed today's programming much more than the constant coffeemaker or pressure cooker shows, or worse computers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What slays me is they call this stuff 'fine' Italian jewelry when anyone can see most of it is is costume, at best. And yea, enough of the 'crystals'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I thought they had some good stuff today.  I purchased a Ripka necklace that I had wanted.

Frequent Contributor

If  the Q's jewelry sales are down, it's not because people no longer want jewelry. It's because we don't want to pay high prices for bronze or resin and barely-there gold. And the designs of most of the jewelry they're peddling now are BOOOOORING!

I started with QVC back in '92 and over the years, acquired some beautiful pieces in both silver and gold. Designs were beautiful. Now all I see are plain, minimalist designs, or stuff from Judith Ripka where all pieces look alike. The only jewelry lines on the Q I still like are Carolyn Pollack's stuff (except the pieces that include brass) and Barbara Bixby's.

And I don't understand why the Q charges so much for silver jewelry. Silver prices may have gone up, but they're still pretty low. I miss the old Silver Style shows because they featured lots of different items, in different styles where anyone could find something that appealed to them, at reasonable prices. The other shopping channels don't charge so much for silver, and they offer more intresting designs. That's why I shop for jewelry there now.

Valued Contributor

Good2bqueen, so well said!  I echo your sentiments exactly.  The price for sterling silver is way back down now, so if QVC would just do some smart buying and offer Silver Style again with variety of items, guests, etc., I feel their jewelry sales would go way back up.  All they seem to want to offer in sterling is Judith Ripka, which like you say pretty much all looks alike and is so unrealistically expensive given price of silver these days, Barbarra Bixby (beautiful, unique designs, but unaffordable for most, thus I'm sure they sell very low quantity versus what they used to sell on Silver Style), and now we have just a couple of artisan guests (the JAI John Hardy line which is very pretty and I purchase some, but there again, very expensive), and Or Paz, starting to look alike.  Wonder what happened to Suarti?