Super Contributor

Re: Anyone out there like small jewelry?

How about Macys, anyone buy jewelry there? I have a few emerald (my birthstone) and diamond rings from there and a couple of gold pieces but that was well over 15 years ago. I was looking at a cushion cut tanzanite ring there yesterday on sale and 25 percent off was under $450. Of course I couldn't decide and today it's back up to $1200 ugh. I just can't make up my mind!
Contributor

I've noticed that since much of the jewelry on the market right now is NOT 14K or 18K the trend in the lesser metals seems to be big, bigger, and really big. I wonder if the makers think that since they are selling plated/filled metal pieces they better make them large so that we won't mind paying more than they're truly worth.

When most of the jewelry shows on QVC focused on real gold pieces, it was much easier to find good quality solid smaller pieces of jewelry.

I am also petite - 5'1" - and I haven't bought much jewelry in the past couple of years for the reason you pointed out - I feel like a little girl in a candy "gem" pop in large rings.

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'1" and always tease that I have the world's shortest legs and arms. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I love big bold jewelry. I have some smaller pieces, just recently became interested in a few smaller pieces. For me though, jewelry has to be set in gold. I can't wear most silver as makes my skin bleed.

Super Contributor

On 2/26/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 2/25/2015 Debbie555 said: I am barely 5ft tall and have small hands and short fingers. It seems everytime I find a piece of jewelry I like, it's too big for my hands. Either stone too big, too bold, too wide, always something. I'm in the market for a ring and I was looking at David Yurman Albion petite ring but even that is too big for my hands! I don't wear bold jewelry at all and it seems a lot of jewelry caters to those that like big pieces. It's very frustrating cause I always seem to be saying if only it was a little smaller. I'm betting I'm in the minority with this one! Lol I'm really looking for a small gemstone ring with diamonds but it's very very hard to find!

Try bangle bracelets .... most are pretty thin, and would not overwhelm your hand. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It is very hard finding bangles that fit a small wrist like a 2 1/4 in. dia. Some bangles on the Q say small and they fall off.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always only worn small jewelry. I always wear an accent pendent, 1" hoops and a thin bangle. I do not wear any costume jewelry or bold fake stuff.

Honored Contributor

Dogeared (available on Zeeberry and lots of sites) has some pretty small necklaces to layer.

Here's an example -

Frequent Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Debbie555 said: Melmac1114- I have been eyeing that same ring! Price is right, reviews are good, looks nice but it's not exactly what I've been looking for so I'm on the fence about it. I sometimes hate to settle, not that it's not a beautiful ring but I have been looking for a single gemstone ring with a few diamonds. Who knows I may just end up buying it. Have you received yours yet? I have a feeling if i don't buy it, I will kick myself later...ugh. Kali- not late! Thank you for providing so much info. Much of the stuff on gem television network is out of my price range but I haven't watched that much so I'm sure they do less expensive items also. I've read the same about people having to wait months after a return to receive credit. Nycvixen-can you recommend any sellers over there?

Debbie - I haven't received it yet (it just shipped today), but I will let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Now that the Big Bonanza Silver event is over, it is on clearance for $109.36 (which is only $5.36 more than the BBS price, so it's still a good deal compared to the regular $184 price).

Super Contributor

On 3/3/2015 melmac1114 said:
On 3/2/2015 Debbie555 said: Melmac1114- I have been eyeing that same ring! Price is right, reviews are good, looks nice but it's not exactly what I've been looking for so I'm on the fence about it. I sometimes hate to settle, not that it's not a beautiful ring but I have been looking for a single gemstone ring with a few diamonds. Who knows I may just end up buying it. Have you received yours yet? I have a feeling if i don't buy it, I will kick myself later...ugh. Kali- not late! Thank you for providing so much info. Much of the stuff on gem television network is out of my price range but I haven't watched that much so I'm sure they do less expensive items also. I've read the same about people having to wait months after a return to receive credit. Nycvixen-can you recommend any sellers over there?

Debbie - I haven't received it yet (it just shipped today), but I will let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

Now that the Big Bonanza Silver event is over, it is on clearance for $109.36 (which is only $5.36 more than the BBS price, so it's still a good deal compared to the regular $184 price).

I noticed the price increase since I keep looking at it!! Eh, $5 is not much. Please would you post your review when you receive this if you don't mind? Who knows, I may even purchase it by then! I notice they are sold out of sizes (as of this am) but still have mine, I feel I'll be kicking myself if I don't buy it!
Frequent Contributor

Debbie - I received the pink sapphire ring today. It's very pretty and quite sparkly. The design is simple, and because it's a five-stone ring it almost has the look of a band ring. The pink sapphires are around 5 mm x 3 mm each. I would classify the ring as dainty, keeping in mind that the stones together go almost entirely across the top of the finger, from side to side (I bought the size 7 for my ring finger, and that finger is about a size 6-1/2, if that helps you gauge how it would look on you). It's very comfortable on the finger - the band is nice and smooth. There is a sufficient amount of silver for the design of the ring. Plus there's an undergallery. Even though size 7's are a little big on me, this ring sits nicely balanced on my finger and doesn't roll from side to side like many of my rings do. The prongs do not stick up far beyond the stones, so they shouldn't grab on clothing, etc.; and they secure the stones nicely.

My only complaint is that the sapphires are not as deep and bright pink as they appear in the photos and presentations. In bright sunlight they appear quite pale. Although, they're a lot deeper and brighter in artificial light - much closer to what is seen on-screen. I'm not sure if it's the ring I received or if that's how they all are. Some of the new reviews left this week complain of paler stones. However, I compared the stones in my ring to a loose pink sapphire stone that I have (also a 5 mm x 3 mm oval) and they pretty much match it in color saturation. The pink sapphire jewelry I've seen in jewelry stores seems deeper and brighter like this one looks on screen, but I think that's because of the bright, artificial lights shining on them.

Overall, I'm pleased with this ring. I think it wouldn't hurt to take a chance on it. I've looked around, and haven't come across a pink sapphire sterling ring of comparable size at this price point. If you're in the market for a pink sapphire ring, I think this one is a good value. It's a classic design that can be worn frequently for years to come, so I think it's a goid investment.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I do, and it's hard to find, isn't it? Especially earrings.