Super Contributor

Anyone out there like small jewelry?

I am barely 5ft tall and have small hands and short fingers. It seems everytime I find a piece of jewelry I like, it's too big for my hands. Either stone too big, too bold, too wide, always something. I'm in the market for a ring and I was looking at David Yurman Albion petite ring but even that is too big for my hands! I don't wear bold jewelry at all and it seems a lot of jewelry caters to those that like big pieces. It's very frustrating cause I always seem to be saying if only it was a little smaller. I'm betting I'm in the minority with this one! Lol I'm really looking for a small gemstone ring with diamonds but it's very very hard to find!
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone out there like small jewelry?

I'm right there with you. Even at 5' 2", I'm overwhelmed with large jewelry. The same with scarves -- I love seeing people in them but when I try one, I look even shorter because my neck disappears. I find I wear small huggie hoops or studs and a simple necklace.

Honored Contributor

I wear only small pieces of jewelry. Stuff I don't have to take off when I go to bed or when I take a shower, mostly sterling silver.

I am not a fan of the big, fake "statement jewelry" fad at all.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

So true, clothing can be a problem too! I have trouble with shoes too as I wear a size 5 and it's not always easy to find! I don't really wear earrings but small chains and bracelets are easily found, it's the rings I'm having problems with. For some, the bolder the better, for me it's the opposite.
Super Contributor

I like large jewelry. I'm 5""1. 112#. I love large stones and gold.

Super Contributor

The jewelry I wear daily is my engagement ring which is just a solitaire on a thin white gold band. My wedding band is a small 5 diamond band which I lost a stone and tried to replace it with a diamonique band but same problem, I want something really small and believable. On my right hand, I got lucky and found an affinity pave flower ring on "as is", it's very petite and pretty and I love it. Now I'm in the market for a gemstone ring, maybe blue topaz but I want a good quality stone with nice color and it must be smallish...lol. I fell in love with the David Yurman petite pave band ring in pink saphire but it's really out of my price range!
Contributor

I love small jewelry.I have tried wearing the big bold rings.They do not look good on my short fingers.and I find them uncomfortable.

Super Contributor

It's back to small jewelry now according to the trends - I'm happy I enjoy both - my moto"" ""love what you wear and wear what you love""!

Esteemed Contributor

I am tall and love big jewelry. I want to make a statement with my pieces, no little pieces for me, those are for my daughter.

Honored Contributor

I like small jewelry. I'm 5'4" and find large jewelry just too much for me. I know 5'4" isn't really short, but I still feel that way about large jewelry.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau