Respected Contributor

Re: Annoyed about a recent purchase/return...

@CalminHeart what in the world does being kind have to do with this?she simply stated what happened her

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I recently purchased a JAI ring (396254).  I had a feeling it was a return because I ordered it on waitlist and it went in process the next day.  Long story short, the ring arrives and it is huge.  Not a matter of it running big, just wrong-size huge (actually measured it and it was a size larger than I ordered.)  It arrived in the little plastic bag with the size on it, which stated it was the size I ordered.  Clearly somewhere along the line the ring was returned in the wrong bag and has probably been sent out and returned more than once.  Why when jewelry is returned is there not someone making sure sizes of rings, bracelets, necklaces and anything else that comes in a size, are correct?  

This really annoys me.  I would have preferred an exchange but opted for a refund because I'm not doing this again.  It's too time consuming and too frustrating to make sure they have refunded my purchase correctly.  

@faeriemoon could the piece be weighty or thick?  I've heard hosts sometimes say to consider sizing up or down depending on the way a piece is made.  Sizing is easy enough to do if you don't want to return a ring.  Take it to a jeweller and have them put a gold or silver ring clasp on the inside to make it smaller. Just ask for a ring adjuster.  It's so simple.

I have done this with 14kt gold when I knew I was in between sizes.  A size 6 is ideal, but sometimes weight, water retention or time of year can determine whether that ring will turn around on you or just fall off.

Chunky bracelets that I've purchased way back in the day from Shop NBC I used to go up one size for.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@alice87 wrote:

She said she is annoyed, not irritated. It is not nice generally to push people's buttons even more when they express frustration over someone else mistake. Returns takes weeks in order  to recieve a refund. With original shipping, and return shipping time  and waiting time, it is often over a month. Most people would be annoyed.

I didn't intend to push any buttons. I was just pointing out that this is not a normal time and these things happen. Besides, what else does anyone expect from Q? It's been the norm for Q for several years, way before covid. 

BTW, Websters uses the word irritated when defining annoyed. "Defintion of annoyed: feeling or showing angry irritation"

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

if somebody would rewrite your definitions any way they feel suited would you be pleased with it? It is not a Webster dictionary club. Again, not a nice thing to do to others.