Frequent Contributor

I love ankle bracelets and have worn 4, which I never remove...silver and gold dainty chains. I forget they are on, lol.... I also wear 4 toe rings in both silver and gold, all very dainty also. They've become a part of my toes by now I think. I find them very feminine. I go bare foot most all year long.... or wear flip flops at times. They never go out of style at any age, imho... My feet seem to be the only thing that do not age, lol.... Most I buy from Amazon at low prices and a lot of choices there...so that's good. I do what I like and don't pay attention to any trend or what others do.

Honored Contributor
Tacky me! I love ankle bracelets and wear them all summer. I'm old enough to be everyone's GGM, and there is no possible way I could care less about hoity toity opinions on this board.
Honored Contributor
On 2/6/2014 ennui1 said:
On 2/6/2014 Kzeks said:

Ankle bracelets were the sign of a "Pro" in Europe..

the Caribbean and many Latin Countries...

Some women from the USA who were approached by

men... were insulted and bewildered by the request and

did not realize that their ankle bracelets were doing their

advertising...

Right. And what year was this? Before or after Marconi invented the radio? {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Probably before, goes along with story that a single earring denotes s--ual orientation.{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Ankle bracelets are in. I wear mine in the summer, when I get my toes done.

Respected Contributor

I wore some boot jewelry/bracelets back in the day. Gave a nice accent to them. Never wore ankle bracelets as such.

Honored Contributor

I wear them all the time in the summer. I would never wear one under or over hosiery as I've seen people do.

Some of the stuff I read on this board is hilarious!

Regular Contributor

"" alt=""Jean Harlow&her lucky ankle bracelet"" />

Jean Harlow wearing her favorite/lucky ankle bracelet on her left ankle. I remember seeing pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable with a thin gold chain ankle bracelet...

Super Contributor

Not a fan of ankle bracelets - but if you like them, fine - wear them in the summer.

Super Contributor

I think they are dated! A toe ring is a little more fashion forward, JMHO

Trusted Contributor

I see women wearing them in Vegas all the time. Being a warmer climate, sandals and bare legs are almost year-round thing. I think they're cute, especially with a good pedicure. I've never worn one myself, nor would I because it isn't my style, but if it is your style, then by all means, wear 'em!

Honored Contributor

I think they're cute.

Personally, I LIKE it when people do things that aren't in or trendy. If you do what you do when others aren't and feel confident doing it, that's a sense of personal style. If you're doing what everyone else does, that's just following trends. Anyone can follow trends.