Respected Contributor

Re: ANTONELLA is going to be the HOST to go to ITALY!!

i haven't watched much when Antonella is on, i would prefer to watch Jill and Sandra. i like calm, informative presentations that don't overwhelm a vendor. Lisa's absence is very noticeable in Gold Rush and now Designer silver - especially the TSV kickoff. Saw what you want, when it comes to presenting Jewelry, Lisa is a tough act to follow...

Honored Contributor

At this point they could do a green screen and put any host and use any italian scene behind them and not send them over there.

Respected Contributor

Elegance equates with a calm, measured quality to your presentations. Antonella has become over the top, forced giddiness that I find unwatchable as of late. Sandra should have gotten that gig. Amazing they can't see she is better suited to hosting this programming.
Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 pommom said:

Imagine that - someone from Italian ancestry representing Italian jewelry! Brava - Antonella!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Was Antonella really born in Italy? OP stating she's from Italy. I think her parents are.

Antonella was born in Pennsylvania, but she was conceived in Italy. Her mother was pregnant with her when her family came to the US.

Her family lives very near me and the locals are very proud of her.

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Anonymous2012 said:
On 2/1/2015 sidsmom said:

Can't put my finger on it, but...there's something about this thread that makes me uncomfortable. Something about the 'True Italian', heritage comment. A lot of emphasis is placed upon her ethnicity...feels wrong thinking her ancestry had anything to do w/ her being suited for this job.

I would like to think she was the most <em>knowledgable & qualified</em> jewelry presenter to go to Italy.

I agree. I wrote a similar comment.

When QVC was looking to send a program host did they specify it had to be a "true Italian" in order to be considered? This to me is so wrong on so many levels.

Ok, good...I'm not the only one! That's what 30 years of working with 500-600 associates does to you! Ha.

Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Anonymous2012 said:

Can't put my finger on it, but...there's something about this thread that makes me uncomfortable. Something about the 'True Italian', heritage comment. A lot of emphasis is placed upon her ethnicity...feels wrong thinking her ancestry had anything to do w/ her being suited for this job.

I would like to think she was the most <em>knowledgable & qualified</em> jewelry presenter to go to Italy.

I agree. I wrote a similar comment.

When QVC was looking to send a program host did they specify it had to be a "true Italian" in order to be considered? This to me is so wrong on so many levels.

Ok, good...I'm not the only one! That's what 30 years of working with 500-600 associates does to you! Ha.

Yep. It's like the thread where Sandra supposedly does something she did not do. It's always about political correctness with some groups. We are now divided in order to be conquered.

Esteemed Contributor

What would make the jewelry shows from Italy more authentic - is to sell 18KT gold - not 14KT. 14KT is not sold in Italy. Also, they need to lower their prices - gold has gone way down in the last year.

Super Contributor

I think it is past time for someone else to get a shot at the Italy shows. AN was probably chosen for her jewelry following versus her heritage. Lisa's shtick got old real fast IMO. Love to see someone else having a go!
Super Contributor

Yay!!!! Go Antonella!!!!

Honored Contributor

It would be refreshing to see the items with everyday wear instead of the ball gown.

I envision filming during the daytime 'out in the square' with models in casual wear...slacks, cotton blouse, boots...shopping or at the bistro sipping on lattes chatting w/ their friends.

I know the time difference wouldn't work (live filming is early morning Italy time), but an "180" is needed for AN to make it her own.