Esteemed Contributor

@lil sophie  I have had a BL lighted teardrop on my front door for many years. Last Christmas I purchased a BL frosted wreath on "as is." I love it! This will be my first year with this wreath.

Wreath3.jpg

Wreath2.jpg

(I posted pics in January when I received it.)

Honored Contributor

I always buy my front door wreath from Costco.  It's always fresh and I keep it up until February.

I just add a bow. It's a great wreath for $20.

I also keep the wire frame and pine cones from my wreaths each year to build my own wreaths or the side and back doors.

IMG_2078.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I have a hard time finding a wreath for my front door. We are pretty far from the road and our door is black. Anything evergreen can't be seen from the street unless it is flocked or has lots of color on it. I despise glitter or flocking because of the mess it makes every time someone opens the door. I also need a smaller wreath..maybe 20- 22". Still looking and am using an old one with poinsettias on it that belonged to my mom. Have done the abethlehem Lights ones and the battery box is too heavy and the lights barely show up at night so ditched the batteries and use one of the wreaths inside now in my breakfast room above the window shutters

Esteemed Contributor

So many options for fresh evergreens here in Northern MI. 

I usually opt for white pine from my local garden center but haven't been there yet. I haven't found the door hanger!

I'm thinking of getting an evergreen centerpiece for the dining table, too.

I have some simple silver glass ornaments for the wreath, add pinecones and a bow. Call it done. 🥰

Honored Contributor

I have an LL Bean Mastercard so I had accumulated lots of "Bean Bucks" towards free items.  One of those things was their fresh traditional balsam wreath with mini lights, ribbon & berries.  I got one of their wreaths last year (without the lights) and was very happy with the product.

Respected Contributor

Re: what's your wreath

[ Edited ]

IMG_0631.JPGIMG_0658.JPGThis is the wreath that I hang above my fireplace. It is made of mostly vintage ornaments. Six years ago, I made eight of these wreaths for gifts, in different color combinations. I kept this one for myself.

On my front door, I have a fresh fir wreath, that I purchased from a local farm stand. It has a large red velvet bow , white painted pinecones and clusters of red berries. I decorated it with white fairy lights.

Super Contributor

Thank you for all your replies to this forum.  I love all your thoughts and pictures of your front door wreaths. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff  I love the vintage Shiny Brite ornaments. They bring back such good memories! Your wreath is spectacular. It must have taken forever to make.

Contributor

For the last several years I have purchased fresh evergreen decorated wreaths on line from Lynch Creek Farm and have been very happy with the quality.  I have one on the front door and one on the side gate that is visible from the front of the house.  Then we just add a battery operated candle in each window.  I reminds me of the years I spent in Virginia and the Colonial homes that were decorated with fresh greens and candles.

The wreaths are very moist and last until January in our dry desert weather.

Respected Contributor

Re: what's your wreath

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom   Thank you very much. I collected the ornaments for a few months and made wreaths for friends and family. It takes a couple of hours to glue together one wreath.

The more costly vintage ornaments went on top of inexpensive dollar store ornaments (Big Lots). It takes at least 100 ornaments for one wreath. They are glued to a bed of tinsel garland, on a styrofoam base.

The vintage ones were mostly Shiny Brite. I also collected boxes of solid color Shiny Brite ornaments in pink, aqua and gold for my white Christmas tree.