Honored Contributor

I would like to sell mine. Any advice? Who would buy it? It Towle pattern Legato,purchased in 1963. 5 piece place setting,service for 8.

Honored Contributor

That’s my pattern 

Honored Contributor

Years ago I looked into selling my set to Replacements. They offered me between $1 - $3 average a piece. I thought I couldn't buy stainless steel flatware for that. So I still have it packed away.

I probably will just sell it to a silver buyer and they will melt it down.

Frequent Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1You might try replacements dot com. This company carries silver, cyrstal and china for sale. I have found and bought missing pieces for my old china pattern from 1961. Also found additional sterling serving pieces for my set.

Just checked a 45 piece legato towle set for $2500! I don't know what their business model is for buying stock.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

In my opinion, your pattern is the quintessential flatware pattern. It has a lovely slightly feminine flare, just enough elegance, yet simple. 

You can sell on ebay, or they say Replacements Limited buys things like this, but I guess they don't pay very well. 

You can try local Facebook Garage sale sites too. 

Trusted Contributor

Silver Queen buys silver flatware, but I do not know how they compare to Replacements.

I have purchased some replacement pieces from them without problem.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 A few years back my friend sold hers by the pound and made a lot of money.No one wanted to buy it to use because it’s too much trouble to clean and doesn’t go in dishwasher.

Esteemed Contributor

4 years ago I sold setting for 6 - price was pretty disappointing.  Carried it around from move to move - after I inherited it.........knives were large but handles hollow - antique shop owner said it would be melted down.  Couple hundred was all he'd give for it.

Esteemed Contributor

Tale a look at eBay and check out sold prices for 1 place setting. You can get about 10 pieces of flatware in a USPS small Flat Rate box.

I sold some USA made Oneida 18/10 before the holidays. 4 place settings fetched a great price.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1, sounds very pretty.  Mine was a wedding gift from my parents ... a place setting for twelve.  I will never part with mine for that reason.  I still set a formal dinner table at Christmas.

It’s sad to see the beautiful sets sold for so little.  I see them for sale all the time, sometimes for less than $100.  LM