Contributor

Do you live in an area with a wholesale floral supply?  You may be able to open an account.  Since you are not buying for resale, they will charge tax on your purchase.  The cost-per-stem may be more than the wholesale buyers pay but the price will still be slightly lower than straight retail.  This is what I do in the SE Michigan area....I don't know what the policies are in other parts of the country. 

The supplier I go to has a mix of prices and quality - high end down to Michael's and Hobby Lobby quality.

Honored Contributor

Last fall i bought a lot of fall color silk  flowers for our camper because it is all in neutral colors and needed those shots of yellow, orange and red. Got a vase for them at the dollar store and they were gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  Try petals.com

When we lived in Ct. I frequented and bought from their store often.  They have lovely silk showers.

Honored Contributor

I love artificial flowers, but only the ones that feel real.  There's a brand called "Natural Touch" that can be found online -- especially at save-on-crafts (don't want to post links to other retailers here). Sometimes you can find similar ones at HomeGoods, but they're few and far between there. I've had friends and family say, even when they touch them, that they cannot believe they're artificial. I love them.

Honored Contributor

Natural touch silk flowers at Save-On -Crafts.  Lovely and realistic.

Natural Touch White Tulip Bouquet

Honored Contributor

Thank you lucy, this looks real nice,i placed a order.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies for the great sites. I was trying to remember petals.com and save on crafts is still intriguing me.

My neice bought a house decorated by a Pottery Barn designer.  From the paint color to the silk flowers.  Beautiful. I wish we had a PB in Alaska.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Thank you lucy, this looks real nice,i placed a order.

@goldensrbest  I hope you will be very pleased with your purchase.  Thanks to @Caaareful Shopper for jogging my memory about Save-On-Crafts.  I have ordered silks from them and several other items.  I'm looking at  their selection of succulents  now. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I love artificial flowers, but only the ones that feel real.  There's a brand called "Natural Touch" that can be found online -- especially at save-on-crafts (don't want to post links to other retailers here). Sometimes you can find similar ones at HomeGoods, but they're few and far between there. I've had friends and family say, even when they touch them, that they cannot believe they're artificial. I love them.

@Caaareful Shopper  Yes, I have some gorgeous silk flowers from Home Goods, but you are correct, I have to hit the store at just the right time, whenever that is, hit or miss, and some I found while in line during the Christmas season. 

Honored Contributor

My purchase from save-on-crafts, cream peony:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg