Honored Contributor

Re: cotton terry kitchen towels

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

@22eyesblue  If your terry cloth towels are pilling, you may have to go to a nicer, more expensive towel.  The quality is just not there anymore.  I like to use terry for my kitchen hand towels and flour sacks for dish drying.  I have an embroidery machine so I can put cute things on my dish towels.  Costco carries some nice cotton kitchen towels as does Crate and Barrel.  Cold water is the new recommendation.  Good luck

@brandiwine @22eyesblue Williams Sonoma have some very good kitchen towels in flat (or with a little weave) cotton and in terry like kitchen towels.  On sale, they are a good deal and wash well and last a long time.  

And I wash kitchen towels with tops, bath towels in a separate load or with jeans and pants.  I do not wash kitchen towels and bath towels together, and my face cloths and towels not with bath towels.  Complicated?  Why not!  Woman Embarassed

Regular Contributor

Thank you all for your helpful tips and for sharing your laundry preferences!  I appreciate it!  I will try Williams and Sonoma towels on my next purchase!  

Honored Contributor

Most towels today, kitchen or otherwise, are not like those in the past and don't wash well or perform well, for the most part. 

I tend to look in thrift stores for older or vintage kitchen towels. I often find them in new or like new condition, and they are such better quality.