Regular Contributor

I need to purchase new sheets but am very picky about having a luxuriously soft feel. Any recommendations? 

Respected Contributor

@pjoy 

When shopping for bed linens, don't be fooled by the feel of the sheets.....a few washings and there goes that soft feel.  A lot of sheets are coated to feel soft :  you get what you pay for here.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

After trying SO many different brands in all price points, there are two that I have finally come to rely on: Target's Room Essentials Jersey sheets (remain soft wash after wash), and MyPillow's Giza sheets (softest sheets ever, and they have a 10 year warranty). My single cardinal rule for sheets is that they MUST be ultra soft.

Respected Contributor

Vera Wang Sheets from Kohls.  I think the Thread Count is 600 and they are all cotton.  Have three sets and I really like them.

Contributor

@pjoy wrote:

I need to purchase new sheets but am very picky about having a luxuriously soft feel. Any recommendations? 

@pjoy 

Probably not what you had in mind but my family and I love our

Malden Mills Polarfleece sheets.

We have several sets and they launder wonderfully and are oh so

soft and comfy.

Hope you find what you love.

Super Contributor

@LoganPup wrote:

@pjoy wrote:

@pjoy 

Probably not what you had in mind but my family and I love our

Malden Mills Polarfleece sheets.

We have several sets and they launder wonderfully and are oh so

soft and comfy.

Hope you find what you love.

I totally agree with you.  I LOVE THESE SHEETS and I have a stash of new ones just incase they disappear.

Bought them for gifts as well.  Buttery soft

Honored Contributor

Re: Your best sheets ever?

[ Edited ]

You didn't say what your price range was, but the only sheets I use are Cuddledown's 100% cotton sateen 400 thread count.  They are the best sheets I've ever used.  I've used them for about ten years and still have and use the first set I ever bought.

They are expensive but worth it for the quality IMO.  I don't like a higher thread count than 400.  Unless you're paying $1,000 for them they're too stiff.  Thread count doesn't always equate to quality.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Valued Contributor

If you enjoy plush/velvety feel--you must try Berkshire Velvet Soft sheets.  I never want to get out of bed when I use these.  So soft and cozy.

Valued Contributor

I have used high thread count (usually 1000) egyptian sheets for years and years. I tried Scott Brothers tencel for a change and they are like seriously soft. But now I have found high quality percale sheets and I am totally in love. It took a few washings but they remind me of when I was growing up. They do wrinkle though.

Beckyblu

Trusted Contributor

@Junker2327 , where did you find the cotton percale?